How to remove thermal paste the right way without damaging CPU or

GT

How to remove thermal paste the right way without damaging CPU or
How to remove thermal paste without damaging CPU or High temp? Can i just
remove it with a credit card without alcohol or do i need alcohol.
Richard Urban

Re: How to remove thermal paste the right way without damaging CPU or
I have always used alcohol and a cotton swab. Never had a problem.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsA1CCACC-49AB-4B03-9C17-5E779617C2A4@microsoft.com...
> How to remove thermal paste without damaging CPU or High temp? Can i just
> remove it with a credit card without alcohol or do i need alcohol.

BigJim

Re: How to remove thermal paste the right way without damaging CPU or
I just wipe it of with a soft cloth, cause most of the time I am going to
reapply more.
"GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsA1CCACC-49AB-4B03-9C17-5E779617C2A4@microsoft.com...
> How to remove thermal paste without damaging CPU or High temp? Can i just
> remove it with a credit card without alcohol or do i need alcohol.

GT

Re: How to remove thermal paste the right way without damaging CPU
The only alcohol i have at home is Antiseptic/Germicide Isoproply Alchol 70%
v/v and this is a alcohol pads. Is this Ok to use?

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> I have always used alcohol and a cotton swab. Never had a problem.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsA1CCACC-49AB-4B03-9C17-5E779617C2A4@microsoft.com...
> > How to remove thermal paste without damaging CPU or High temp? Can i just
> > remove it with a credit card without alcohol or do i need alcohol.

Natéag

Re: How to remove thermal paste the right way without damaging CPU
I always use isopropyl alcohol

"GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> The only alcohol i have at home is Antiseptic/Germicide Isoproply Alchol
> 70%
> v/v and this is a alcohol pads. Is this Ok to use?
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> I have always used alcohol and a cotton swab. Never had a problem.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>
>> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsA1CCACC-49AB-4B03-9C17-5E779617C2A4@microsoft.com...
>> > How to remove thermal paste without damaging CPU or High temp? Can i
>> > just
>> > remove it with a credit card without alcohol or do i need alcohol.

Richard Urban

Re: How to remove thermal paste the right way without damaging CPU
As long as there are NO additives. Just alcohol cut down with distilled
water to be a 70% solution.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The only alcohol i have at home is Antiseptic/Germicide Isoproply Alchol
> 70%
> v/v and this is a alcohol pads. Is this Ok to use?
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> I have always used alcohol and a cotton swab. Never had a problem.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>
>> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsA1CCACC-49AB-4B03-9C17-5E779617C2A4@microsoft.com...
>> > How to remove thermal paste without damaging CPU or High temp? Can i
>> > just
>> > remove it with a credit card without alcohol or do i need alcohol.

GT

Re: How to remove thermal paste the right way without damaging CPU
When cleaning the thermal paste on cpu do i need to remove the cpu from the
motherboard socket?

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> As long as there are NO additives. Just alcohol cut down with distilled
> water to be a 70% solution.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The only alcohol i have at home is Antiseptic/Germicide Isoproply Alchol
> > 70%
> > v/v and this is a alcohol pads. Is this Ok to use?
> >
> > "Richard Urban" wrote:
> >
> >> I have always used alcohol and a cotton swab. Never had a problem.
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Richard Urban
> >> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
> >>
> >> Quote from George Ankner:
> >> If you knew as much as you think you know,
> >> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
> >>
> >> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> newsA1CCACC-49AB-4B03-9C17-5E779617C2A4@microsoft.com...

Richard Urban

Re: How to remove thermal paste the right way without damaging CPU
I do. It makes it easier to handle. I have a spare socket that I place the
CPU into so that I do not damage the pins. I cut this socket out of an old
M/B.