Jornada 540 Pocket PC with Microsoft CE

EhJessica

Jornada 540 Pocket PC with Microsoft CE
I am trying to sync up my HP Jornada that has Microsoft CE on it with my SONY
VAIO tht has Vista 32-bit. I have already downloaded the Mobile Device
Center and it will not recognize my device. It's hooked up to my pc by a USB
Cable. Can anyone help me so that I can sync my contacts up please???
Richard G. Harper

Re: Jornada 540 Pocket PC with Microsoft CE
It isn't going to work with WDMC - it's too old.

"EhJessica" <EhJessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to sync up my HP Jornada that has Microsoft CE on it with my
>SONY
> VAIO tht has Vista 32-bit. I have already downloaded the Mobile Device
> Center and it will not recognize my device. It's hooked up to my pc by a
> USB
> Cable. Can anyone help me so that I can sync my contacts up please???

EhJessica

Re: Jornada 540 Pocket PC with Microsoft CE
Is there a way to upgrade my Jornada then??? I need to get teh info from ym
pocket pc to my laptop. Miscrosoft won't let me dl any of the Active Syncs.
What should I do???

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> It isn't going to work with WDMC - it's too old.

> "EhJessica" <EhJessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to sync up my HP Jornada that has Microsoft CE on it with my
> >SONY
> > VAIO tht has Vista 32-bit. I have already downloaded the Mobile Device
> > Center and it will not recognize my device. It's hooked up to my pc by a
> > USB
> > Cable. Can anyone help me so that I can sync my contacts up please???

Richard G. Harper

Re: Jornada 540 Pocket PC with Microsoft CE
Enter the information by hand. There's no way to sync the contents of your
Jornada with your PC, and there's no way to upgrade the Jornada sufficiently
to make it sync.

> Is there a way to upgrade my Jornada then??? I need to get teh info from
> ym
> pocket pc to my laptop. Miscrosoft won't let me dl any of the Active
> Syncs.
> What should I do???
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> It isn't going to work with WDMC - it's too old.

>> "EhJessica" <EhJessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to sync up my HP Jornada that has Microsoft CE on it with my
>> >SONY
>> > VAIO tht has Vista 32-bit. I have already downloaded the Mobile Device
>> > Center and it will not recognize my device. It's hooked up to my pc by
>> > USB
>> > Cable. Can anyone help me so that I can sync my contacts up please???

EhJessica

Re: Jornada 540 Pocket PC with Microsoft CE
Well then,... that stinks, but thank you for the info.