seem to have a problem with the Screen driver on my Vista ( Laptop

ThElAsT

seem to have a problem with the Screen driver on my Vista ( Laptop
hello, bought a HP Laptop, with Windows Vista Basic my friend have the
same thing, But he doesent seem to have the same problem that i got... When
evver i play WoW ( World of warcraft ) My screen turns black every 10, to 15
min or so... And it turn's right back on... but every time that happens..
Vista tell's me that something was wrong with the Screen Driver, and it had
to rollback the driver and so on... wonder if annyone have the same
problem? or got a solution... ?

The Laptop Spec is :

Product Name : HP G5000
Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2250
Memory, (GB) 1 + i got an extra 1024MB Ram chip exept that
HD : 120GiG orginal ( got a new one with 500 gig )
Prosessor speed : 1.73GHz
Prosessor Buffer : L2 Cache , Size (kb) 2.048

Screen : Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
And under there, Something with a PnP Screen.. ( have no idea what that is)
Chiptype : Intel(R) GMA 950
DAC Type Internal
( this might be miss spell'd) Card String : Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express
Chipset Family

BIOS Information : Intel Video Bios

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report

Report Date: 04/26/2007
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 21:47:11
Driver Version: 7.14.10.1114
Operating System: * , (6.0.6000)
Default Language: Norwegian (Bokmål)
DirectX* Version: 10.0
Physical Memory: 1013 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 224 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 51 MB
Processor: x86 family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
Processor Speed: 1729 MHZ
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 27A2
Device Revision: 03

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS: 1377
Current Graphics Mode: 1280 x 800 True Color (59 Hz)

* Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator *

Active Notebook Displays: 1

* Notebook *

Monitor Name: Generisk PnP-skjerm
Display Type: Digital
Gamma Value: 2,20
DDC2 Protocol: Supported
Maximum Image Size: Horizontal: Not Available
Vertical: Not Available
Monitor Supported Modes:
1280 x 800 (60 Hz)
Display Power Management Support:
Standby Mode: Not Supported
Suspend Mode: Not Supported
Active Off Mode: Not Supported

* Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.
-----------------------------
Windows Spec's - Microsoft Windows Vista, Version/build 6.0
Language : nb-NO ( Norwegian )

Well, That was it... if i miss something here.. please tell me... or if u
know what i can do ( Can try) Please Tell me about it
Thanks

dean-dean

Re: seem to have a problem with the Screen driver on my Vista ( Laptop
You could try the latest display driver from Intel (released 4/18/2007),
found here:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...2&submit=Go%21

"ThElAsT" <ThElAsT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>

> Active Notebook Displays: 1
>

> * Notebook *
>
> Monitor Name: Generisk PnP-skjerm
> Display Type: Digital
> Gamma Value: 2,20
> DDC2 Protocol: Supported
> Maximum Image Size: Horizontal: Not Available
> Vertical: Not Available
> Monitor Supported Modes:
> 1280 x 800 (60 Hz)
> Display Power Management Support:
> Standby Mode: Not Supported
> Suspend Mode: Not Supported
> Active Off Mode: Not Supported
>
> * Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.
> -----------------------------
> Windows Spec's - Microsoft Windows Vista, Version/build 6.0
> Language : nb-NO ( Norwegian )
>
> Well, That was it... if i miss something here.. please tell me... or if
> know what i can do ( Can try) Please Tell me about it

KevinSFCA

I'm having the exact same problem, only with a Sony Vaio C260E
Hello all,

I am having exactly the same experience as theiast here: that is, my screen
goes black, just for an instant, every 10 to 15 minutes. It's similar to the
blackout that occurs when you change screen resolution, though there is no
change in resolution occurring. I have a different laptop (a Sony VGN-C260E,
with Intel T5600 and 2 gigs of RAM), but with the same Intel Graphics Media
Accelerator. And I should mention that this is the second C260E laptop that
I experienced this screen black-out problem with. The first one I thought
was defective, so I exchanged it. And it started happening again. So
something's going on.

I've tried talking to Sony, but they have not heard of this problem before,
so the tech guys and I have been trying the same general stuff (uninstall,
download and reinstall the device driver, do all the updating possible), and
none of that has made any difference. Any further thoughts would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!