HP 7400C scanner

Paul

HP 7400C scanner
Running Vista Ultimate

Installed just-released HP driver for 7400C scanner

Initally tests OK under Control Panel, Camera and Scanner Imaging Control
Panel

Trying to scan using Windows Fax and Scan.

Recognizes scanner, starts new scan then locks up half way through.

Can not see scanner after this and must reboot

Problem repeats every time

Any ideas?

Michael Solomon

Re: HP 7400C scanner
Paul wrote:
> Running Vista Ultimate
>
> Installed just-released HP driver for 7400C scanner
>
> Initally tests OK under Control Panel, Camera and Scanner Imaging
> Control Panel
>
> Trying to scan using Windows Fax and Scan.
>
> Recognizes scanner, starts new scan then locks up half way through.
>
> Can not see scanner after this and must reboot
>
> Problem repeats every time
>
> Any ideas?

According to the information at the HP website for this driver, it only
enables scanning in Vista using the Windows Photo Gallery:

"This is the minimum driver required for basic WIA functionality. This
driver enables scanning with the Windows Photo Gallery on Windows Vista or
the Scanner and Camera Wizard on Windows XP. Scanning can also be done with
a variety of 3rd party scanner enabled applications."

--
Michael Solomon

Paul

Re: HP 7400C scanner
I tried it from Photo Gallery first - same symptoms.

"Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
> Paul wrote:
>> Running Vista Ultimate
>>
>> Installed just-released HP driver for 7400C scanner
>>
>> Initally tests OK under Control Panel, Camera and Scanner Imaging
>> Control Panel
>>
>> Trying to scan using Windows Fax and Scan.
>>
>> Recognizes scanner, starts new scan then locks up half way through.
>>
>> Can not see scanner after this and must reboot
>>
>> Problem repeats every time
>>
>> Any ideas?

> According to the information at the HP website for this driver, it only
> enables scanning in Vista using the Windows Photo Gallery:
>
> "This is the minimum driver required for basic WIA functionality. This
> driver enables scanning with the Windows Photo Gallery on Windows Vista or
> the Scanner and Camera Wizard on Windows XP. Scanning can also be done
> with a variety of 3rd party scanner enabled applications."
>

> --
> Michael Solomon

Michael Solomon

Re: HP 7400C scanner
Paul wrote:
> I tried it from Photo Gallery first - same symptoms.
>

> "Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>> Paul wrote:
>>> Running Vista Ultimate
>>>
>>> Installed just-released HP driver for 7400C scanner
>>>
>>> Initally tests OK under Control Panel, Camera and Scanner Imaging
>>> Control Panel
>>>
>>> Trying to scan using Windows Fax and Scan.
>>>
>>> Recognizes scanner, starts new scan then locks up half way through.
>>>
>>> Can not see scanner after this and must reboot
>>>
>>> Problem repeats every time
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

>> According to the information at the HP website for this driver, it
>> only enables scanning in Vista using the Windows Photo Gallery:
>>
>> "This is the minimum driver required for basic WIA functionality.
>> This driver enables scanning with the Windows Photo Gallery on
>> Windows Vista or the Scanner and Camera Wizard on Windows XP.
>> Scanning can also be done with a variety of 3rd party scanner
>> enabled applications." --
>> Michael Solomon

I'd contact HP, it's their driver and their responsibility.

--
Michael Solomon

rocky6

Re: HP 7400C scanner

I'have the same problem with same scanner and ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe AMD

--
rocky6
Dick Miller

Re: HP 7400C scanner
rocky6 wrote:
> I'have the same problem with same scanner and ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe AMD
>

> Paul;287966 Wrote:
>> Running Vista Ultimate
>>
>> Installed just-released HP driver for 7400C scanner
>>
>> Initally tests OK under Control Panel, Camera and Scanner Imaging
>> Control
>> Panel
>>
>> Trying to scan using Windows Fax and Scan.
>>
>> Recognizes scanner, starts new scan then locks up half way through.
>>
>> Can not see scanner after this and must reboot
>>
>> Problem repeats every time
>>
>> Any ideas?

Google "VueScan". The 7400C is listed in the scanners supported