Please help need to fix soundcard!!

bianca

Please help need to fix soundcard!!
Hi i have a HP prescario (and im not very computer wise) I recently had a
virus so my uncle tried to fix my comp but instead he deleted EVERYTHING from
my computer and i had to install everything all over again, and now my
soundcard no longer works and i really need to fix it so if n e one can help
it would be greatly appreciated even if u tell me i need to buy a new one
whatever i just need to know wot i need to do????

I was told that i just need new drivers but i dont even know wot to do about
that

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richard G. Harper

Re: Please help need to fix soundcard!!
Go to the HP web site, click on the Support and Downloads link, put in the
model number of your HP product, and follow the prompts to go to the
download page where you will find not only the drivers you need but in most
cases, links that will download and install them for you.

"bianca" <bianca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi i have a HP prescario (and im not very computer wise) I recently had a
> virus so my uncle tried to fix my comp but instead he deleted EVERYTHING
> from
> my computer and i had to install everything all over again, and now my
> soundcard no longer works and i really need to fix it so if n e one can
> help
> it would be greatly appreciated even if u tell me i need to buy a new one
> whatever i just need to know wot i need to do????
>
> I was told that i just need new drivers but i dont even know wot to do
> about
> that
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

bianca

Re: Please help need to fix soundcard!!
Yes i did try that first off but when i try to download it tells me i need

Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio Bus Driver

before i can download

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

it says i can obtain the UAA HD audio bus driver from microsoft but i can't
find it!!!!

If n e one knows wher ei can find this download PLEASE help!!!!
Richard G. Harper

Re: Please help need to fix soundcard!!
You should not need the UAA HD driver - it should be included in Vista. It
was needed in Windows XP because it was not included.

> Yes i did try that first off but when i try to download it tells me i need
>
> Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio Bus
> Driver
>
> before i can download
>
> Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
>
> it says i can obtain the UAA HD audio bus driver from microsoft but i
> can't
> find it!!!!
>
> If n e one knows wher ei can find this download PLEASE help!!!!

Steveg

RE: Please help need to fix soundcard!!
I have the same problem as I installed Linux , but had to reinstall windows
Xp professional due to pressure from family.
Steve

"bianca" wrote:

> Hi i have a HP prescario (and im not very computer wise) I recently had a
> virus so my uncle tried to fix my comp but instead he deleted EVERYTHING from
> my computer and i had to install everything all over again, and now my
> soundcard no longer works and i really need to fix it so if n e one can help
> it would be greatly appreciated even if u tell me i need to buy a new one
> whatever i just need to know wot i need to do????
>
> I was told that i just need new drivers but i dont even know wot to do about
> that
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steveg