tv tuner problem

Bacho

tv tuner problem
hi,
i have Kworld SAA731X, Hybrid Capture Card (Analog)
and win vista ultimate ,i update my tvtuner as Certified for Windows Vista
and its dosent work in mce he tell me no tuner found!
i tried many tvtuner program such beyond tv, wind dvr, power cinema 5 those
program accepted by my tv tuner card but there's no video! only can hear
sounds!
when i was in xp pro there was no problem with my tv tuner card.
my specifications:
pentium 4 3 ghz
1 ghz ram.
thanks for helping
geforce fx 5200 128mb ram

Curious

Re: tv tuner problem
Do you have the correct Kworld Vista drivers for your card, 32 bit drivers
for Vista 86 and 64 bit drivers for Vista 64?

"Bacho" <Bacho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> i have Kworld SAA731X, Hybrid Capture Card (Analog)
> and win vista ultimate ,i update my tvtuner as Certified for Windows Vista
> and its dosent work in mce he tell me no tuner found!
> i tried many tvtuner program such beyond tv, wind dvr, power cinema 5
> those
> program accepted by my tv tuner card but there's no video! only can hear
> sounds!
> when i was in xp pro there was no problem with my tv tuner card.
> my specifications:
> pentium 4 3 ghz
> 1 ghz ram.
> thanks for helping
> geforce fx 5200 128mb ram

Bacho

Re: tv tuner problem
yes i have it its support both 64/32 and you can see it here
http://www.kworld.com.tw/en/kworld/b...PVR-TV713X.htm
and i just downloaded chris tv but i have the same problem sound with no video
with overlay or without!...
any suggestion please?

"Curious" wrote:

> Do you have the correct Kworld Vista drivers for your card, 32 bit drivers
> for Vista 86 and 64 bit drivers for Vista 64?
>
> "Bacho" <Bacho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> > i have Kworld SAA731X, Hybrid Capture Card (Analog)
> > and win vista ultimate ,i update my tvtuner as Certified for Windows Vista
> > and its dosent work in mce he tell me no tuner found!
> > i tried many tvtuner program such beyond tv, wind dvr, power cinema 5
> > those
> > program accepted by my tv tuner card but there's no video! only can hear
> > sounds!
> > when i was in xp pro there was no problem with my tv tuner card.
> > my specifications:
> > pentium 4 3 ghz
> > 1 ghz ram.
> > thanks for helping
> > geforce fx 5200 128mb ram

JW

Re: tv tuner problem
The following link only states that you can use the digital tuner with MCE
which implies that the card does not have an hardware MPEG2 encoder chip on
it afor analog broadcasts nd the associated MC drivers for the analog tuner.
This makes me think that your only MCE option for the card is to use only
the digital tuner.

http://www.kworld.com.tw/en/index_D+A.htm

> yes i have it its support both 64/32 and you can see it here
> http://www.kworld.com.tw/en/kworld/b...PVR-TV713X.htm
> and i just downloaded chris tv but i have the same problem sound with no
> video
> with overlay or without!...
> any suggestion please?
>
> "Curious" wrote:
>
>> Do you have the correct Kworld Vista drivers for your card, 32 bit
>> drivers
>> for Vista 86 and 64 bit drivers for Vista 64?
>>
>> "Bacho" <Bacho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi,
>> > i have Kworld SAA731X, Hybrid Capture Card (Analog)
>> > and win vista ultimate ,i update my tvtuner as Certified for Windows
>> > Vista
>> > and its dosent work in mce he tell me no tuner found!
>> > i tried many tvtuner program such beyond tv, wind dvr, power cinema 5
>> > those
>> > program accepted by my tv tuner card but there's no video! only can
>> > hear
>> > sounds!
>> > when i was in xp pro there was no problem with my tv tuner card.
>> > my specifications:
>> > pentium 4 3 ghz
>> > 1 ghz ram.
>> > thanks for helping
>> > geforce fx 5200 128mb ram

Bacho

Re: tv tuner problem
thats you mean my card dosent support mce vista?
but i can hear channel sounds from the card with power cinema 5 any info
please

"JW" wrote:

> The following link only states that you can use the digital tuner with MCE
> which implies that the card does not have an hardware MPEG2 encoder chip on
> it afor analog broadcasts nd the associated MC drivers for the analog tuner.
> This makes me think that your only MCE option for the card is to use only
> the digital tuner.
>
> http://www.kworld.com.tw/en/index_D+A.htm
>
> "Bacho" <Bacho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > yes i have it its support both 64/32 and you can see it here
> > http://www.kworld.com.tw/en/kworld/b...PVR-TV713X.htm
> > and i just downloaded chris tv but i have the same problem sound with no
> > video
> > with overlay or without!...
> > any suggestion please?
> >
> > "Curious" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have the correct Kworld Vista drivers for your card, 32 bit
> >> drivers
> >> for Vista 86 and 64 bit drivers for Vista 64?

JW

Re: tv tuner problem
Notquite, it means that Vista MCE only supports the digital tuner on your
card and not the analog tuner. Power Cinema 5 does not have the same
requirements for an analog tuner and its drivers that MCE does.