Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Analog Vs Digital

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
Smoke286
 

Posts: n/a
Analog Vs Digital
I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium. My monitor is ViewSonic VX922
I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS video card and a ASUS P5N32-SLI Motherboard.

My problem is that I cannot switch my monitor to digital display, when I do
it defaults back to analog even though I have the latest drivers available
for both monitor and video card.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
JW
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Analog Vs Digital
I don't understand your statement that your digital monitor switches to an
analog monitor. What problem or symptom occurs that makes you think this?
"Smoke286" <Smoke286@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CE52DBCF-BC28-4C70-9D7F-DF1CBAB6A56B@microsoft.com...
>I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium. My monitor is ViewSonic
>VX922
> I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS video card and a ASUS P5N32-SLI
> Motherboard.
>
> My problem is that I cannot switch my monitor to digital display, when I
> do
> it defaults back to analog even though I have the latest drivers available
> for both monitor and video card.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
John E
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Analog Vs Digital
"Smoke286" <Smoke286@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CE52DBCF-BC28-4C70-9D7F-DF1CBAB6A56B@microsoft.com...
>I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium. My monitor is ViewSonic
>VX922
> I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS video card and a ASUS P5N32-SLI
> Motherboard.
>
> My problem is that I cannot switch my monitor to digital display, when I
> do
> it defaults back to analog even though I have the latest drivers available
> for both monitor and video card.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>


Are you using a DVI cable, or a VGA cable? If you're not sure, look here:
http://www.directron.com/dviguide.html

John.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2007
Smoke286
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Analog Vs Digital


"John E" wrote:


> Are you using a DVI cable, or a VGA cable? If you're not sure, look here:
> http://www.directron.com/dviguide.html
>
> John.
>

John, thanks for the reply. To answer your question I am using both cables
at the moment as if I just use the DVI cable I get no picture at all. So I
hook up both change to the settings on the monitor to digital and save, it
then defaults back to analog
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2007
Curious
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Analog Vs Digital
Make sure that you are sending a resolution over DVI that your display
user's manual says it will accept over DVI since many DVI receiver chips do
not accept as many different resolutions as VGA receiver chips. Also your
PC may only be seing the VGA connection when both are connected.
"Smoke286" <Smoke286@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news9C2D22D-5B70-4BCE-B89F-43DA30C97AA6@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "John E" wrote:
>
>
>> Are you using a DVI cable, or a VGA cable? If you're not sure, look here:
>> http://www.directron.com/dviguide.html
>>
>> John.
>>

> John, thanks for the reply. To answer your question I am using both cables
> at the moment as if I just use the DVI cable I get no picture at all. So I
> hook up both change to the settings on the monitor to digital and save, it
> then defaults back to analog
>>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2007
Paul Shapiro
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Analog Vs Digital
You could try switching the DVI and VGA cables on the video card, assuming
both ports are DVI. On my (old) graphics card, one of the ports is primary
and that's always the one initially enabled.
Paul Shapiro

"Curious" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:%23auZOspiHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Make sure that you are sending a resolution over DVI that your display
> user's manual says it will accept over DVI since many DVI receiver chips
> do not accept as many different resolutions as VGA receiver chips. Also
> your PC may only be seing the VGA connection when both are connected.
> "Smoke286" <Smoke286@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news9C2D22D-5B70-4BCE-B89F-43DA30C97AA6@microsoft.com...
>>
>>
>> "John E" wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Are you using a DVI cable, or a VGA cable? If you're not sure, look
>>> here:
>>> http://www.directron.com/dviguide.html
>>>
>>> John.
>>>

>> John, thanks for the reply. To answer your question I am using both
>> cables
>> at the moment as if I just use the DVI cable I get no picture at all. So
>> I
>> hook up both change to the settings on the monitor to digital and save,
>> it
>> then defaults back to analog



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2007
Smoke286
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Analog Vs Digital
Thanks all, problem resolved, I was using the wrong drivers

"Paul Shapiro" wrote:

> You could try switching the DVI and VGA cables on the video card, assuming
> both ports are DVI. On my (old) graphics card, one of the ports is primary
> and that's always the one initially enabled.
> Paul Shapiro
>
> "Curious" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> news:%23auZOspiHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > Make sure that you are sending a resolution over DVI that your display
> > user's manual says it will accept over DVI since many DVI receiver chips
> > do not accept as many different resolutions as VGA receiver chips. Also
> > your PC may only be seing the VGA connection when both are connected.
> > "Smoke286" <Smoke286@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news9C2D22D-5B70-4BCE-B89F-43DA30C97AA6@microsoft.com...
> >>
> >>
> >> "John E" wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>> Are you using a DVI cable, or a VGA cable? If you're not sure, look
> >>> here:
> >>> http://www.directron.com/dviguide.html
> >>>
> >>> John.
> >>>
> >> John, thanks for the reply. To answer your question I am using both
> >> cables
> >> at the moment as if I just use the DVI cable I get no picture at all. So
> >> I
> >> hook up both change to the settings on the monitor to digital and save,
> >> it
> >> then defaults back to analog

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Analog Capture =?Utf-8?B?dGVycnk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 04-07-2007 21:20
Death of the Button? Analog vs. Digital Steve General Technology News 0 03-31-2007 01:04
How to record analog from line in =?Utf-8?B?SGFyb2xk?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 03-09-2007 04:18
Graphics Quality with Digital to Analog adaptor steveb microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 05:48
MS Plus Analog recorder under Vista Ned Buckmaster microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 01-12-2007 15:27




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:57.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120