Canon LBP 2900 Printer

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0IFdhcmVoYW0=?=

Canon LBP 2900 Printer
I have installed my canon LBP 2900 printer with vista drivers downloaded
from canon.When i turn on the printer vista loads its own drivers which
appear to be the same but the canon advanced printing control does not
operate.Help !!
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Canon LBP 2900 Printer
Uninstall and then reinstall correctly...

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
(written for XP but the same applies to Vista)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)

"Robert Wareham" <RobertWareham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed my canon LBP 2900 printer with vista drivers downloaded
> from canon.When i turn on the printer vista loads its own drivers which
> appear to be the same but the canon advanced printing control does not
> operate.Help !!

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Canon LBP 2900 Printer
If it's USB connected make sure that the printer and its cable are
disconnected from the PC until the software is installed, or it tells
you to connect.

labratza

Re: Canon LBP 2900 Printer

I need serious help I am running vista ultimate x64 on my office machine
and I am desparatley looking for the drivers for the lbp2900 canon
printer even if they are generic that will be perfect anything to get
it to work because canon says they are not planning on releasing a
driver for it themseleves so anything will be grateful thanks

--
labratza
labratza's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31356

http://forums.techarena.in

Filkas

Re: Canon LBP 2900 Printer

labratza;3170907 Wrote:
> I need serious help I am running vista ultimate x64 on my office machine
> and I am desparatley looking for the drivers for the lbp2900 canon
> printer even if they are generic that will be perfect anything to get
> it to work because canon says they are not planning on releasing a
> driver for it themseleves so anything will be grateful thanks

MY CANON LBP2900 PRINTER WILL NOT WORK ON VISTA (It was marvellous in
earlier versions): The CAPT window freezes and the printing may begin
at random in 10-30 minutes, if ever. What’s wrong?

I found one answer in the net and modified it according to my
experience. It gave only little improvement though:

"This is usually caused by corrupted printer drivers. It's most often
seen after an upgrade from a previous operating system when the printer
was kept connected and turned on during the upgrade."

"Solution: Completely Uninstall and Reinstall your Printer and 'force'
Vista to see the new driver."
Here is my remedy for the problem:

Step 1 Disconnect the printer from the PC.
Step 2 Go to the Control Panel and click on Add/Remove Programs.
Highlight any Printer Software that is listed here. Select Remove.
Step 3 From the Control Panel, click on Printers. Right click the
printer in question and select Delete.
Step 4 Look at the Toolbar. Select File, then Server Properties. Look
in the Drivers tab. Highlight the printers drivers listed here and
click on Remove for each one.
Step 5 Reboot the PC. Do NOT reconnect the printer.
Step 6 Go to the website of your printer manufacturer. Look for new
Vista drivers for your model. Download the correct software. The
current Canon LBP2900 Vista driver seems to be
LBP2900_Win2k_XP-Vista-[language]_R110.
Step 7 Shut the internet connection. Disable Windows Defender and all
other possible Virus programs.
Step 8 Run the exe file you just downloaded. It should auto-start the
installation program.
Step 9 The installation will tell you when to connect the printer.
Step 10 Once the software is installed and the printer connected see
that Windows fire wall permits the connection of your printer. (Control
panel-Fire wall). Reboot and enable Defender and/or your Virus
protection program. Try a test page with your writing tool (ensure that
Canon LBP2900 is the default printer).

I suspect that it is Norton Internet Security program that came
installed with my new computer HP Pavilion m8156.sc largely guilty for
this. I managed the printer to run on all Norton's default settings and
Defender disabled. In addition to this - or perhaps this could be the
short cut to solve the whole problem - check that in Norton's fire wall
(Norton Internet Security - Settings - Internet protocol and fire wall
settings - Additional settings - general rules) under the "Allowed"
section the printer's communication protocol EPMAP is assigned (it is
not as default), and Windows fire wall stays disabled. Strange enough,
Canon LBP2900 CAPT window now works only when the internet is on...

A.K.

--
Filkas
Filkas's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32467