Uninstalling Finale 2002

Paul Calcagno

Uninstalling Finale 2002
I'm running Windows Vista, SP2 with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current.
On June 23 I foolishly installed (from a pirated CD) a copy of Finale 2002
Music notation program. While the program does seem to work, I'm now having
problems with this program either freezing itself (requiring a hard
shutdown), freezing Windows or my computer freezing when other apps are
open, like Firefox. Finale 2002 was obviously created for OS's prior to
Vista.
I'd like to uninstall this program but selecting it on Add/Remove and trying
to uninstall it gives the following error message: "An error occurred while
trying to uninstall Finale 2002. It may have been already uninstalled. Would
you like to remove Finale 2002 from the Programs and Features List". I've
been selecting `No'. The `uninstaller' file that comes with Finale 2002
does nothing when invoked.

Since I created a Restore point prior to installing Finale 2002 on June 23,
I tried to restore the computer but at this point I can no longer view that
point. It won't show on the list of restore points, even if I show restore
points older than 5 days. Has that restore point been permanently deleted?
If so, is there a way to restore the computer to some date prior to June
23rd.
Or perhaps there's a program I can download that will correctly uninstall
Finale 2002. I looked on the internet but to no avail.
I thought about just re-installing the program again but am afraid of
screwing up my Registry.
Thanks......................Paul C.

PvdG42

Re: Uninstalling Finale 2002

"Paul Calcagno" <pcalcagno@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Windows Vista, SP2 with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current.
> On June 23 I foolishly installed (from a pirated CD) a copy of Finale 2002
> Music notation program. While the program does seem to work, I'm now
> having problems with this program either freezing itself (requiring a hard
> shutdown), freezing Windows or my computer freezing when other apps are
> open, like Firefox. Finale 2002 was obviously created for OS's prior to
> Vista.
> I'd like to uninstall this program but selecting it on Add/Remove and
> trying to uninstall it gives the following error message: "An error
> occurred while trying to uninstall Finale 2002. It may have been already
> uninstalled. Would you like to remove Finale 2002 from the Programs and
> Features List". I've been selecting `No'. The `uninstaller' file that
> comes with Finale 2002 does nothing when invoked.
>
> Since I created a Restore point prior to installing Finale 2002 on June
> 23, I tried to restore the computer but at this point I can no longer view
> that point. It won't show on the list of restore points, even if I show
> restore points older than 5 days. Has that restore point been permanently
> deleted? If so, is there a way to restore the computer to some date prior
> to June 23rd.
> Or perhaps there's a program I can download that will correctly uninstall
> Finale 2002. I looked on the internet but to no avail.
> I thought about just re-installing the program again but am afraid of
> screwing up my Registry.
> Thanks......................Paul C.

What does your AV/Anti-malware (up to date, of course) have to say when you
run *complete* scans in safe mode?

Ǝиçεl

RE: Uninstalling Finale 2002
Give a try

<http://www.revouninstaller.com/>
-=-

"Paul Calcagno" wrote:

> I'm running Windows Vista, SP2 with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current.
> On June 23 I foolishly installed (from a pirated CD) a copy of Finale 2002
> Music notation program. While the program does seem to work, I'm now having
> problems with this program either freezing itself (requiring a hard
> shutdown), freezing Windows or my computer freezing when other apps are
> open, like Firefox. Finale 2002 was obviously created for OS's prior to
> Vista.
> I'd like to uninstall this program but selecting it on Add/Remove and trying
> to uninstall it gives the following error message: "An error occurred while
> trying to uninstall Finale 2002. It may have been already uninstalled. Would
> you like to remove Finale 2002 from the Programs and Features List". I've
> been selecting `No'. The `uninstaller' file that comes with Finale 2002
> does nothing when invoked.
>
> Since I created a Restore point prior to installing Finale 2002 on June 23,
> I tried to restore the computer but at this point I can no longer view that
> point. It won't show on the list of restore points, even if I show restore
> points older than 5 days. Has that restore point been permanently deleted?
> If so, is there a way to restore the computer to some date prior to June
> 23rd.
> Or perhaps there's a program I can download that will correctly uninstall
> Finale 2002. I looked on the internet but to no avail.
> I thought about just re-installing the program again but am afraid of
> screwing up my Registry.
> Thanks......................Paul C.

Paul Calcagno

Re: Uninstalling Finale 2002
Thanks. I'll try it and see if it works. Then I'll probably try to
re-install the program to see how stable it is.................Paul C.

"Ǝиçεl" <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsBC071A9-6829-4AD3-8AC0-2FFDAC60ACC6@microsoft.com...
> Give a try
>
> <http://www.revouninstaller.com/>
> -=-
>
> "Paul Calcagno" wrote:
>
>> I'm running Windows Vista, SP2 with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current.
>> On June 23 I foolishly installed (from a pirated CD) a copy of Finale
>> 2002
>> Music notation program. While the program does seem to work, I'm now
>> having
>> problems with this program either freezing itself (requiring a hard
>> shutdown), freezing Windows or my computer freezing when other apps are
>> open, like Firefox. Finale 2002 was obviously created for OS's prior to
>> Vista.
>> I'd like to uninstall this program but selecting it on Add/Remove and
>> trying
>> to uninstall it gives the following error message: "An error occurred
>> while
>> trying to uninstall Finale 2002. It may have been already uninstalled.
>> Would
>> you like to remove Finale 2002 from the Programs and Features List". I've
>> been selecting `No'. The `uninstaller' file that comes with Finale 2002
>> does nothing when invoked.
>>
>> Since I created a Restore point prior to installing Finale 2002 on June
>> 23,
>> I tried to restore the computer but at this point I can no longer view
>> that
>> point. It won't show on the list of restore points, even if I show
>> restore
>> points older than 5 days. Has that restore point been permanently
>> deleted?
>> If so, is there a way to restore the computer to some date prior to June
>> 23rd.
>> Or perhaps there's a program I can download that will correctly uninstall
>> Finale 2002. I looked on the internet but to no avail.
>> I thought about just re-installing the program again but am afraid of
>> screwing up my Registry.

JimF

> Thanks. I'll try it and see if it works. Then I'll probably try to
> re-install the program to see how stable it is.................Paul C.

Of course it is your decision but I think if your problem is solved then it
is very foolish to re-install an incompatible (and illegal) program.

JimF