Printer Problem with Lexmark 6200

old volunteer

Printer Problem with Lexmark 6200
I installed a Lexmark 6200 printer on a Acer Laptop runing Vista Home
Premium. The installation took a long time but went to completion. I used
the Lexmark disk for the install. The 6200 displays on the Control Panel
screen as "Ready." I made it the default. The printer is pluged into one of
the USB ports.

The problem: nothing prints. I sometimes get in an error message - can't
find printer. But typically, when I do File>Print nothing prints. I have
tried using Works, NotePad and Open Office Writer with the same results.

Your help would be appreciated.
Manny Weisbord

Re: Printer Problem with Lexmark 6200
old volunteer <oldvolunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I installed a Lexmark 6200 printer on a Acer Laptop runing Vista Home
>Premium. The installation took a long time but went to completion. I used
>the Lexmark disk for the install. The 6200 displays on the Control Panel
>screen as "Ready." I made it the default. The printer is pluged into one of
>the USB ports.
>
>The problem: nothing prints. I sometimes get in an error message - can't
>find printer. But typically, when I do File>Print nothing prints. I have
>tried using Works, NotePad and Open Office Writer with the same results.
>
>Your help would be appreciated.

Are you sure you've installed the proper drivers for Vista?
old volunteer

Re: Printer Problem with Lexmark 6200
I'm not sure. I used the original disk that came with the printer. How can
I get the driver that works with Vista?

"Manny Weisbord" wrote:

> old volunteer <oldvolunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I installed a Lexmark 6200 printer on a Acer Laptop runing Vista Home
> >Premium. The installation took a long time but went to completion. I used
> >the Lexmark disk for the install. The 6200 displays on the Control Panel
> >screen as "Ready." I made it the default. The printer is pluged into one of
> >the USB ports.
> >
> >The problem: nothing prints. I sometimes get in an error message - can't
> >find printer. But typically, when I do File>Print nothing prints. I have
> >tried using Works, NotePad and Open Office Writer with the same results.
> >
> >Your help would be appreciated.

> Are you sure you've installed the proper drivers for Vista?

Curious

Re: Printer Problem with Lexmark 6200
By going to the Lexmark Website/

"old volunteer" <oldvolunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure. I used the original disk that came with the printer. How
> can
> I get the driver that works with Vista?
>
> "Manny Weisbord" wrote:
>
>> old volunteer <oldvolunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I installed a Lexmark 6200 printer on a Acer Laptop runing Vista Home
>> >Premium. The installation took a long time but went to completion. I
>> >used
>> >the Lexmark disk for the install. The 6200 displays on the Control
>> >Panel
>> >screen as "Ready." I made it the default. The printer is pluged into
>> >one of
>> >the USB ports.
>> >
>> >The problem: nothing prints. I sometimes get in an error message -
>> >can't
>> >find printer. But typically, when I do File>Print nothing prints. I
>> >have
>> >tried using Works, NotePad and Open Office Writer with the same results.
>> >
>> >Your help would be appreciated.

>> Are you sure you've installed the proper drivers for Vista?

Dave T.

old volunteer wrote:
> I installed a Lexmark 6200 printer on a Acer Laptop runing Vista Home
> Premium. The installation took a long time but went to completion. I used
> the Lexmark disk for the install. The 6200 displays on the Control Panel
> screen as "Ready." I made it the default. The printer is pluged into one of
> the USB ports.
>
> The problem: nothing prints. I sometimes get in an error message - can't
> find printer. But typically, when I do File>Print nothing prints. I have
> tried using Works, NotePad and Open Office Writer with the same results.
>
> Your help would be appreciated.

You are required to update your driver for Vista. go to;

http://downloads.lexmark.com/perl/do...29:1:0:462:0:0

Here is a good resource for these things;

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/

Good luck, and post back if this works.

Dave T.
Manny Weisbord

Re: Printer Problem with Lexmark 6200
old volunteer <oldvolunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure. I used the original disk that came with the printer. How can
>I get the driver that works with Vista?

A quick search of the Lexmark site (U.S.) doesn't show any Vista
drivers. Looks as if it's time to buy a new printer.

Where do you live?

>"Manny Weisbord" wrote:
>
>> old volunteer <oldvolunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I installed a Lexmark 6200 printer on a Acer Laptop runing Vista Home
>> >Premium. The installation took a long time but went to completion. I used
>> >the Lexmark disk for the install. The 6200 displays on the Control Panel
>> >screen as "Ready." I made it the default. The printer is pluged into one of
>> >the USB ports.
>> >
>> >The problem: nothing prints. I sometimes get in an error message - can't
>> >find printer. But typically, when I do File>Print nothing prints. I have
>> >tried using Works, NotePad and Open Office Writer with the same results.
>> >
>> >Your help would be appreciated.

>> Are you sure you've installed the proper drivers for Vista?

Curious

Re: Printer Problem with Lexmark 6200
If there is no Vista driver from Lexmark you may be able to both install and
run the XP driver from your installation CD in XP compatibility mode.
I was able to do that with an old scanner I had till I replaced it.