Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2009
Patrick Whittle
 

Posts: n/a
Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal, that
plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2009
Raymond Shaw
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
"Patrick Whittle" <patrick_whittle@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal, that
>plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.


It plugs into the computer's PCI bus? Maybe that's why it's called a
PCI Adapter... ya think?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2009
Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
"Patrick Whittle" <patrick_whittle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OumsNPm9JHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
> that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.
>



No, I have not, but it's just a wireless adapter, and all adapters are
pretty similar in functionality.

Do you have a question regarding a problem or how to use it?

--
Ace

This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and
confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup/forum to benefit from collaboration among
responding engineers, as well as to help others benefit from your
resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSA Messaging, MCT
Microsoft Certified Trainer
aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org
http://twitter.com/acefekay

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please
check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2009
Natéag
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
I have it, and it is great.
But other brands probably would work just as well.


"Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]" <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org> a
écrit dans le message de news:O0y8kwm9JHA.4948@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> "Patrick Whittle" <patrick_whittle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:OumsNPm9JHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
>> that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.
>>

>
>
> No, I have not, but it's just a wireless adapter, and all adapters are
> pretty similar in functionality.
>
> Do you have a question regarding a problem or how to use it?
>
> --
> Ace
>
> This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and
> confers no rights.
>
> Please reply back to the newsgroup/forum to benefit from collaboration
> among responding engineers, as well as to help others benefit from your
> resolution.
>
> Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSA Messaging, MCT
> Microsoft Certified Trainer
> aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org
> http://twitter.com/acefekay
>
> For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please
> check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2009
Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
"Natéag" <cqui3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eCifJfn9JHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I have it, and it is great.
> But other brands probably would work just as well.



Good to hear. Hopefully your feedback will help others when making a
decision on which brand and model to choose.

Ace

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2009
Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
"Natéag" <cqui3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eCifJfn9JHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I have it, and it is great.
> But other brands probably would work just as well.


Natéag,

I meant to add that I hope it also helps the original poster, but then
again, based on his post, I'm not sure if he had a problem or not with the
NIC.

Cheers!

Ace


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2009
Jack [MVP-Networking]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
Hi
Wireless is about signal propagation.
Place the system so that it is High and away from the wall so it would not
be stifled between the Case and the Wall.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Patrick Whittle" <patrick_whittle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OumsNPm9JHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
> that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.
>


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2009
Natéag
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
As I wrote it works flawlessly. That may be due to the antenna,
which is lets say, gigantic.


"Jack [MVP-Networking]" <jack@discussiongroup.com> a écrit dans le message
de news:eOL6Flp9JHA.5780@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi
> Wireless is about signal propagation.
> Place the system so that it is High and away from the wall so it would not
> be stifled between the Case and the Wall.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "Patrick Whittle" <patrick_whittle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:OumsNPm9JHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
>> that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.
>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2009
Patrick Whittle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
I ended up buying an external D-Link Xtreme N Dual Band gigbit router. I
know enough about 802.11n from previous, but do you know streaming...
High-Definition, and other media? ... the 5GHz band.

http://support.dlink.ca/products/vie...ctid=DIR%2D825

"Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]" <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org>
wrote in message news:OFkTVjp9JHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> "Natéag" <cqui3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eCifJfn9JHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>I have it, and it is great.
>> But other brands probably would work just as well.

>
> Natéag,
>
> I meant to add that I hope it also helps the original poster, but then
> again, based on his post, I'm not sure if he had a problem or not with the
> NIC.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Ace
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2009
Patrick Whittle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
We have had no problems!!

"Natéag" <cqui3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ujFgm0r9JHA.4560@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> As I wrote it works flawlessly. That may be due to the antenna,
> which is lets say, gigantic.
>
>
> "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <jack@discussiongroup.com> a écrit dans le message
> de news:eOL6Flp9JHA.5780@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Hi
>> Wireless is about signal propagation.
>> Place the system so that it is High and away from the wall so it would
>> not be stifled between the Case and the Wall.
>> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>>
>> "Patrick Whittle" <patrick_whittle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:OumsNPm9JHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
>>> that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.
>>>

>>

>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Linksys Wireless G USB Adapter issue.. brusse01 microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 6 03-10-2009 20:48
Linksys Wireless Adapter WUSB54GC Mac microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 5 11-11-2008 20:48
What could I do with my Linksys wireless adapter?? tmitim microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 04-05-2007 10:23
RE: Linksys wireless adapter =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZWNsZW0=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 03-01-2007 14:40
RE: Talking to myself (was Re: Linksys wireless adapter) =?Utf-8?B?RGlsbGluMDI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-28-2007 19:48




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:48.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120