HTC Touch Pro 2 not recognized by Vista (SP1/SP2), missing drivers

Tom

HTC Touch Pro 2 not recognized by Vista (SP1/SP2), missing drivers
Since previous week I have a smartphone HTC Touc Pro 2, previous I had a
Nokia 6021 which connects via your bluetooth stack to my desktop. With this
device I have no problems seen. Communication works perfect.

Now there are problems when I want to connect the smartphone device to my PC
via Bluetooth. Installing the drivers gives me an error. I have Windows Vista
x86 SP2 installed. I do the setup on the PC, connecting the device via the
Bluetooth wizard on Vista. The PC detects the smartphone, then I chose to
generate a pass key. This succeeds. After this the installation of drivers
are started on my PC. Only when he comes into the step 'Installing Bluetooth
Peripheral Device', an error message is shown. He is missing some files.
Please insert disk. He doesn't recognize my mobile phone which runs on
Windows Mobile 6.1. (Also I have this issue to on my work laptop which is an
HP 8710w)

HTC points to the bluetooth manufacturer, while they points back to HTC or
Microsoft.

Everyone experience with this issuee or kind of?

Thanks a lot.
Tom
nomore

Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 not recognized by Vista (SP1/SP2), missing drivers
As a delighted to be former Windows Mobile Smart Phone user ("smart" being
an oxymoron like "Microsoft Knowledgebase" or "Military Intelligence") I can
sympathize with your problem.
You would like things to work like they are supposed to but they simply
don't.
These phones do not even sync reliably with a cable , as in not randomly
wiping out the Outlook address book every few synch attempts, so it is
expecting too much that bluetooth will work.
Many Windows phones are just lousy products. My last ever one, an ATT Tilt,
was replaced three times within 6 months. Mercifully for future customers
they no longer make this particular phone. Doubtless its innards are just
being shoveled into a different case and being labeled as a "new" product.
Perhaps that is what you are cursed with.
If the phone cannot connect by Bluetooth to any device it may well be the
phone. But you have to realize that many Bluetooth implementations vary
from so-called standards and some devices simply cannot connect and there is
nothing you can do about it.
Use a cable to connect to your computer and be glad if it synchs at all and
does not wipe out your data in the process.

Tae Song

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since previous week I have a smartphone HTC Touc Pro 2, previous I had a
> Nokia 6021 which connects via your bluetooth stack to my desktop. With
> this
> device I have no problems seen. Communication works perfect.
>
> Now there are problems when I want to connect the smartphone device to my
> PC
> via Bluetooth. Installing the drivers gives me an error. I have Windows
> Vista
> x86 SP2 installed. I do the setup on the PC, connecting the device via the
> Bluetooth wizard on Vista. The PC detects the smartphone, then I chose to
> generate a pass key. This succeeds. After this the installation of drivers
> are started on my PC. Only when he comes into the step 'Installing
> Bluetooth
> Peripheral Device', an error message is shown. He is missing some files.
> Please insert disk. He doesn't recognize my mobile phone which runs on
> Windows Mobile 6.1. (Also I have this issue to on my work laptop which is
> an
> HP 8710w)
>
> HTC points to the bluetooth manufacturer, while they points back to HTC or
> Microsoft.
>
> Everyone experience with this issuee or kind of?
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Tom

Service Pack 2 expanded support for Bluetooth and it recognizes more
Bluetooth functions than previously.

Try downloading Broadcom's Bluetooth software. The installer will check to
see if you are using Broadcom's Bluetooth chip before it begins download.

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

Also, delete the old pair information and establish a new pair after the
software is installed.

Tom

Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 not recognized by Vista (SP1/SP2), missing dri
Hi Tae,

Thanks for your tip. My installation of Vista is set to Service Pack 2, but
no luck.
I have already found another solution, see the next link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=430368 post #6

Here the steps that worked for me:
1. Connect the Bluetooth Peripheral device

2. Start the auto install. Leave the unrecognized device as-is

3.Goto Device Manager. You'll see an Unknow Device named Bluetooth
Peripheral Device. Double Click it to open its properties.

4. Click "Reinstall Driver" on the first tab.

5. Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

6. Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

7. Now the next page will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one
list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose Microsoft
Corporation, not only Microsoft. Please confirm this twice that you dont
choose Micorosoft but Micorosoft Corporation.

8. Now in the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name
"Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. I cant
tell you which will work for you, but start with the newest version. (For me
devices version 6.1 worked)

9. Click next. Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at
last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device
driver is properly installed. If the last screen shows that device is not
configured properly or The device could not start then repeat the above steps
choosing a different driver version this time.

Best regards,
Tom