TV tuner help Hauppauge WinTV PCI II (26xxx)

Nighthawkcb650

TV tuner help Hauppauge WinTV PCI II (26xxx)

I took the card from my parent 4 year old HP and installed it on my
computer. Windows Vista installed the correct drivers and says ready to
use. I'm not using it for cable, but I am using it for hooking video
game systems like the Wii and X Box. Windows Media Center tries to use
it for cable but it doesn't set up correctly because it can't detect
anything. Is there a way to use the tuner card for other inputs rather
then just cable?

--
Nighthawkcb650
Nighthawkcb650's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/105380.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Curious

Re: TV tuner help Hauppauge WinTV PCI II (26xxx)
Media center only will use a TV tuner card for TV so you have to make MC
think it is watching TV. For example if you connect a unit which can output
RF channel 3 over coax then you tell MC you want to manually watch channel 3
over your "antenna". Or if you have a MC remote with IR receiver and IE
blaster you tell MC you are setting up a STB and then use S-video out from
your game unit and tell MC to select any channel from the TV STB which in
fact is not a STB but is your game unit.

"Nighthawkcb650" <Nighthawkcb650.3tp3fd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I took the card from my parent 4 year old HP and installed it on my
> computer. Windows Vista installed the correct drivers and says ready to
> use. I'm not using it for cable, but I am using it for hooking video
> game systems like the Wii and X Box. Windows Media Center tries to use
> it for cable but it doesn't set up correctly because it can't detect
> anything. Is there a way to use the tuner card for other inputs rather
> then just cable?
>

> --
> Nighthawkcb650
> Nighthawkcb650's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/105380.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1196837.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Nighthawkcb650

Re: TV tuner help Hauppauge WinTV PCI II (26xxx)

I've set up MC with a manual set up and I've also set up my VCR to play
into the TV tuner card. When I choose antenna it only displays channel
45 and when I use the remote to choose channel 3 it gives me static. How
do I change MC to where I can also look at S-video?

--
Nighthawkcb650
Nighthawkcb650's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/105380.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1196837.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Dominic Payer

Re: TV tuner help Hauppauge WinTV PCI II (26xxx)
You might do better with the latest drivers (and software) for the card
from Hauppauge. There are probably features on the card which the basic
chipset drivers from Windows Update do not support.

On 24/07/2009 23:21, Nighthawkcb650 wrote:
> I've set up MC with a manual set up and I've also set up my VCR to play
> into the TV tuner card. When I choose antenna it only displays channel
> 45 and when I use the remote to choose channel 3 it gives me static. How
> do I change MC to where I can also look at S-video?

Curious

Re: TV tuner help Hauppauge WinTV PCI II (26xxx)
Connect the VCR to the PC using coax since the VCR is outputting on RF
channel 3. You can not set up for S-video unless you have a MC IR receiver
with an IR blaster connected so you can pretend to be using a Set top Box
as the source.