CD/RW -DVD-R/W Multi Burner

Brian Schaaff

CD/RW -DVD-R/W Multi Burner
I know after running the Vista advisor that the old Sonic Software DLA was
not supported by Vista, so uninstalled all "Known" versions of it before
upgrading from XP SPF3 to Vista Ultimate SPF1, but somehow and Sonic/Roxio
support has been of no help, I still have a component of DLA that is being
Blocked every Logon.

This is an anoyance and a nuisance , not like the BSOD issues, but have
tried 2 different MS Fixit routines so far and each one has cripled my
system, requiring a Reboot / Repair, so No more Auto Fixes.

If anybody has an answer "Other than Delete the DRVMCDB.Sys file", and
reboot would be greatly appreciated. I have googled it and other forums
have tried to sell "Driver Doctor", etc. but nothing I see as usefull.

All other systems are fine and the drive works, so like I said, it is just
an Annoyance.

Thanks in advance.

THE C. [MSFT MVP]

RE: CD/RW -DVD-R/W Multi Burner
Go to roxio.com to download the Sonic DLA patch. This update is for Roxio 9
and 10 regarding the "Drag To Disk" feature. You can also to a site search
for this patch also. Good Luck!

--
Computer/Software Tech.

Make it a great day!

Charles Richmond

"Brian Schaaff" wrote:

> I know after running the Vista advisor that the old Sonic Software DLA was
> not supported by Vista, so uninstalled all "Known" versions of it before
> upgrading from XP SPF3 to Vista Ultimate SPF1, but somehow and Sonic/Roxio
> support has been of no help, I still have a component of DLA that is being
> Blocked every Logon.
>
> This is an anoyance and a nuisance , not like the BSOD issues, but have
> tried 2 different MS Fixit routines so far and each one has cripled my
> system, requiring a Reboot / Repair, so No more Auto Fixes.
>
> If anybody has an answer "Other than Delete the DRVMCDB.Sys file", and
> reboot would be greatly appreciated. I have googled it and other forums
> have tried to sell "Driver Doctor", etc. but nothing I see as usefull.
>
> All other systems are fine and the drive works, so like I said, it is just
> an Annoyance.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Peter Foldes

Re: CD/RW -DVD-R/W Multi Burner
Brian

Ignore this fake MS MVP impersonator.

--
Peter

"Brian Schaaff" <schaabr@optimum.net> wrote in message
>I know after running the Vista advisor that the old Sonic Software DLA was not
>supported by Vista, so uninstalled all "Known" versions of it before upgrading from
>XP SPF3 to Vista Ultimate SPF1, but somehow and Sonic/Roxio support has been of no
>help, I still have a component of DLA that is being Blocked every Logon.
>
> This is an anoyance and a nuisance , not like the BSOD issues, but have tried 2
> different MS Fixit routines so far and each one has cripled my system, requiring a
> Reboot / Repair, so No more Auto Fixes.
>
> If anybody has an answer "Other than Delete the DRVMCDB.Sys file", and reboot
> would be greatly appreciated. I have googled it and other forums have tried to
> sell "Driver Doctor", etc. but nothing I see as usefull.
>
> All other systems are fine and the drive works, so like I said, it is just an
> Annoyance.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Peter Foldes

Re: CD/RW -DVD-R/W Multi Burner
Unfortunately this version is not supported in Vista .

--
Peter

"Brian Schaaff" <schaabr@optimum.net> wrote in message
>I know after running the Vista advisor that the old Sonic Software DLA was not
>supported by Vista, so uninstalled all "Known" versions of it before upgrading from
>XP SPF3 to Vista Ultimate SPF1, but somehow and Sonic/Roxio support has been of no
>help, I still have a component of DLA that is being Blocked every Logon.
>
> This is an anoyance and a nuisance , not like the BSOD issues, but have tried 2
> different MS Fixit routines so far and each one has cripled my system, requiring a
> Reboot / Repair, so No more Auto Fixes.
>
> If anybody has an answer "Other than Delete the DRVMCDB.Sys file", and reboot
> would be greatly appreciated. I have googled it and other forums have tried to
> sell "Driver Doctor", etc. but nothing I see as usefull.
>
> All other systems are fine and the drive works, so like I said, it is just an
> Annoyance.
>
> Thanks in advance.

THE C. [MSFT MVP]

Re: CD/RW -DVD-R/W Multi Burner
Brian

Ignore this TROLL who call's himself Peter Foldes. He is really a blind,
peasant fool.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Make it a great day!