Hard disk is full

DennisPrimm is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hard disk is full
Hello everyone!,

I am running Vista Home Premium (32-bit) Service Pack 1 on a Gateway GM5474 computer. The computer has always been a great one, but here lately I have been having terrible problems with it. I think it is probably caused by a Generic PUP.x virus, but am not sure if it is the problem. Anyhow, here's some background...Today I tried to start Windows Mail, but it responded by saying (and I cannot completely quote exactly what each error message was, but will give you the general idea) that it could not find/locate the database and my memory was full, so I restarted the system and tried starting the program again and it told me that files were corrupt, but Windows was able to save it from the error and the program started.

Later I went to add my GMail account to Windows Mail and somehow I got to see my hard and recover disk resources. I have a 500 GB SATA II (Western Digital) hard disk drive and it is almost full!!! I had only used approximately 125 GB on the drive a couple of days ago, and I've deleted unnecessary programs and ones I thought may be causing problems, deleted toolbars in IE8, etc. What would cause this?

I'd appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Dennis Primm
THE C. [MSFT MVP]

RE: Hard disk is full
To be sure your system is clean download MalwareBytes from MalwareBytes.com
and Spybot Search and Destroy from Filehippo.com. Update both of them before
you scan with them seperately. Once your clean them to a disk clean up and
delete all but the most restore points. Good Luck.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Make it a great day!

Charles Richmond