> I have this message when I resume windows
> Windows was recovered from unexpected shutdowm
> when I check for solution:
> Problem caused by your audio software
> Although the specific cause of this problem is not known, it appears to be
> related to your audio software.
I would start troubleshooting by believing the error message. What audio
software do you have running? If you have an audio program running (music
player, sound editor, etc.) when you put the computer to sleep (or
hibernate it), close out of it first. If this isn't applicable to you, then
update your audio drivers. Get them from:
1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM computer
(HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.
To find out what hardware is in your computer:
1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific model
machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.
- Belarc Advisor
- System Information for Windows
And of course, you should answer The First Question Of Troubleshooting: If
the problem is new, what changed between the time things worked and the
time they didn't?
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!