Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx) composite video

tulae101 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx) composite video
I have this media center card preinstalled in my HP media center PC m7250n and absolutely can not find how to view the inputted composite video, even when in the windows media center application.
Curious

Re: Hauppauge WinTV6 PVR PCI II (26xxx) composite video
Unless you can configure MC for a STB and feed the composite input to it
instead you will have to use the Hauppauge WinTV6 application to input
composite video instead.

"tulae101" <tulae101.3nyw8d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I have this media center card preinstalled in my HP media center PC
> m7250n and absolutely can not find how to view the inputted composite
> video, even when in the windows media center application.
>

> --
> tulae101

RainDancerVideo

RE: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx) composite video
I have the same cards and problem on an HP Z558 Media Center.
Did you install WinTV v6 and did it work with the cards?

Do you know if WinTV v7 will work with these cards?

"tulae101" wrote:

> I have this media center card preinstalled in my HP media center PC
> m7250n and absolutely can not find how to view the inputted composite
> video, even when in the windows media center application.
>

> --
> tulae101

Curious

Re: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx) composite video
Either WinTV6 or better is WinTV7 to work with the 26xxx cards.
I believe I used channel 200 or 201 to use the composite video and R&W audio
inputs.
There is a user's manual for WinTV either in the installation program files
or available from their website.

"RainDancerVideo" <RainDancerVideo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news25AD2FC-2F98-43A8-9AF9-CA527BDABC58@microsoft.com...
> I have the same cards and problem on an HP Z558 Media Center.
> Did you install WinTV v6 and did it work with the cards?
>
> Do you know if WinTV v7 will work with these cards?
>
> "tulae101" wrote:
>

>> I have this media center card preinstalled in my HP media center PC
>> m7250n and absolutely can not find how to view the inputted composite
>> video, even when in the windows media center application.
>>

>> --
>> tulae101

RainDancerVideo

Re: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx) composite video
Thanks Curious, that's what I needed to know.
Now I'm not sure if mine are "26xxx" cards.
I haven't pulled the cards out to check the actual number,
all I am goin off of is the description in adobe FME in the device selection
window.
The cards came installed in an HP Z558 Media Center.

"Curious" wrote:

> Either WinTV6 or better is WinTV7 to work with the 26xxx cards.
> I believe I used channel 200 or 201 to use the composite video and R&W audio
> inputs.
> There is a user's manual for WinTV either in the installation program files
> or available from their website.
>
> "RainDancerVideo" <RainDancerVideo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news25AD2FC-2F98-43A8-9AF9-CA527BDABC58@microsoft.com...
> > I have the same cards and problem on an HP Z558 Media Center.
> > Did you install WinTV v6 and did it work with the cards?
> >
> > Do you know if WinTV v7 will work with these cards?
> >
> > "tulae101" wrote:
> >

> >> I have this media center card preinstalled in my HP media center PC
> >> m7250n and absolutely can not find how to view the inputted composite
> >> video, even when in the windows media center application.
> >>

> >> --
> >> tulae101

Curious

Re: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx) composite video
The analog 26xx tuner is used on the 150, the 1600, the 1800 and possibly
some other Hauppauge cards.

"RainDancerVideo" <RainDancerVideo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:249805DB-F162-4877-9775-42A3BE639E4E@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Curious, that's what I needed to know.
> Now I'm not sure if mine are "26xxx" cards.
> I haven't pulled the cards out to check the actual number,
> all I am goin off of is the description in adobe FME in the device
> selection
> window.
> The cards came installed in an HP Z558 Media Center.
>

> "Curious" wrote:
>
>> Either WinTV6 or better is WinTV7 to work with the 26xxx cards.
>> I believe I used channel 200 or 201 to use the composite video and R&W
>> audio
>> inputs.
>> There is a user's manual for WinTV either in the installation program
>> files
>> or available from their website.
>>
>> "RainDancerVideo" <RainDancerVideo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news25AD2FC-2F98-43A8-9AF9-CA527BDABC58@microsoft.com...
>> > I have the same cards and problem on an HP Z558 Media Center.
>> > Did you install WinTV v6 and did it work with the cards?
>> >
>> > Do you know if WinTV v7 will work with these cards?

R. C. White

Re: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx) composite video
RainDancerVideo.

My Hauppauge HVR-1600 in a PCI slot is listed in Device Manager in Sound,
video and game controllers as:
Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo

No need to pull the card to find the "1600".

I don't want to reboot into Vista just now, but I'm pretty sure it's the
same in Vista's Device Manager.

WinTV v6 works - sort of - in Vista, but I use only Media Center.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX