bios problum with home premium 32bit

scoty1280

bios problum with home premium 32bit

i have problem with my bios system when system using raid controllers it
can not detect my harddisk when i change bios to ide controllers it
detect the hard disk but after few days when i istall vista it works
better suddnelly bios turn defult automatically to raid controllers and
vista os is not boot it will stop when i change bios then it start so i
need help this to fix the problem with raid controller

--
scoty1280
Chuck

Re: bios problum with home premium 32bit
I'm afraid that you will need to identify your system with some details.
Make & model of Motherboard
Processor
amount of installed RAM
BIOS version
I/O cards
When you say IDE vs Raid controllers, do you mean that you are changing
physical controllers, or from normal non raid mode to RAID. What RAID level
are you using?

From your post, it sounds like you are using RAID controller(s) and IDE
controllers

Why are you using RAID, and how many disk drives are involved?

"scoty1280" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> i have problem with my bios system when system using raid controllers it
> can not detect my harddisk when i change bios to ide controllers it
> detect the hard disk but after few days when i istall vista it works
> better suddnelly bios turn defult automatically to raid controllers and
> vista os is not boot it will stop when i change bios then it start so i
> need help this to fix the problem with raid controller
>

> --
> scoty1280

Rick Rogers

Re: bios problum with home premium 32bit
Hi,

A BIOS instruction set wouldn't change unless it loses power completely, in
which case it will reset to default values. If this is happening, you likely
need to change the CMOS battery. It's also possible that your current set
has some manner of corruption, in which case you should flash the board with
a new set of instructions (even if they are the same as the current ones).

For Vista to load to a RAID-based hardware set, you would need to install
the appropriate driver during setup.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/