Phenom II

Martin Racette

Phenom II
Hi,

I would like to know how a Phenom II works with Vista x64, is there any
issue that I should know, I am thinking about upgrading my AMD x2 to a
Phenom II

--
Thank You in Advance
Merci a l'avance

Martin

pokeyman

Re: Phenom II
more info needed like which north/south brige u runnimg

Pokeyman

"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how a Phenom II works with Vista x64, is there any
> issue that I should know, I am thinking about upgrading my AMD x2 to a
> Phenom II
>
> --
> Thank You in Advance
> Merci a l'avance
>
> Martin

Jr

Re: Phenom II
Works perfect with VixtaX64. Put computer together for my nephew with the
Phenom II X4 940, Asus M3A78-T 790GX chipset. Board came with BIOS already
updated for the Phenom II. Has 2 Radeon 4870's in crossfire. Had absolutely
no
problems at all. Runs great, very fast

"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how a Phenom II works with Vista x64, is there any
> issue that I should know, I am thinking about upgrading my AMD x2 to a
> Phenom II
>
> --
> Thank You in Advance
> Merci a l'avance
>
> Martin

Martin Racette

Re: Phenom II
I have no clue yet, as I have not bought either the CPU or motherboard yet

--
Thank You in Advance
Merci a l'avance

Martin

Martin Racette

Re: Phenom II
did you have to re-install Vista, or did it work right away i.e. using the

--
Thank You in Advance
Merci a l'avance

Martin

Jr

Re: Phenom II
It was a new computer so a fress install of Vista. If you are upgrading an
existing machine with new motherboard and processor it may or may not work.
Have had experience where it was no problem and another where it would
not boot, requiring a re-install.

> did you have to re-install Vista, or did it work right away i.e. using the
>
> "Jr" <jarsil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Works perfect with VixtaX64. Put computer together for my nephew with
>> the
>> Phenom II X4 940, Asus M3A78-T 790GX chipset. Board came with BIOS
>> already
>> updated for the Phenom II. Has 2 Radeon 4870's in crossfire. Had
>> absolutely no
>> problems at all. Runs great, very fast
>>
>> "Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to know how a Phenom II works with Vista x64, is there any
>>> issue that I should know, I am thinking about upgrading my AMD x2 to a
>>> Phenom II
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thank You in Advance
>>> Merci a l'avance
>>>
>>> Martin

> --
> Thank You in Advance
> Merci a l'avance
>
> Martin

Martin Racette

Re: Phenom II
Thanks to all for the information

--
Thank You in Advance
Merci a l'avance

Martin

cliff

Re: Phenom II
Hi Martin,
"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how a Phenom II works with Vista x64, is there any
> issue that I should know, I am thinking about upgrading my AMD x2 to a
> Phenom II

I have vistax64 installed, just upgraded to phenomII 710, got BSOD.. traced
it to a chipset driver.. AMDDLL64.SYS..
dunno when/how it was installed, but believe it came with my motherboard
chipset drivers on the install CD:-/
Anyway the solution is simple, the driver is located in
\windows\system32\drivers and simply renaming it to ADMDLL64.SY_
cures the problem, and if you have to you can also uninstall it in device
manager, it gets flagged once the driver is renamed:-)

I cant be sure what package that driver came in, I installed a load of stuff
from Nvidia as well for physX and system tools, SLI etc
But I suspect it was in the chipset driver package from ASUS.. From the
looks of it this is an AMD file possibly distributed to motherboard
manuf's for AMD cpu motherboards..

I got the solution in part by googling the driver name... showed up in a web
forum where more than one poster had had problems and cured them
by removing/deleting the driver... Since I wasnt 100% sure at the time I
just renamed it:-)
Works for me.....

Regards,
Cliff