Vista does not see my CD/DVD drives any more HELP!

racerace

Vista does not see my CD/DVD drives any more HELP!
Greetings
I am using windows Vista and I recently tried to use by CD/DVD, after
inserting a disc into the drive, it failed to read so I tried to open
the drive from my computer but it just came up with the message
“insert disk into drive” I then opened my device manger in the control
panel and the CD/DVD drive has the yellow triangle with ! mark. I then
double clicked the icon which took me to my device properties, which
gave me the following message “Windows cannot load the device driver
for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)”
I also tried the system restore facility since the problem seemed to
have occurred after I loaded “Daemon Tools” but the result remains the
same, I have since removed the daemon tools suite from the PC. Can the
forum members please advise the best way to solve the problem?

Many thanks in advance
James

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista does not see my CD/DVD drives any more HELP!
Hi,

Follow the steps here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

--