Cant mirror desktop between laptop and projector

starworks

Cant mirror desktop between laptop and projector
When I connect my laptop to a projector, the projector becomes my primary
monitor and my laptop screen goes black. The function key combo won't work to
switch displays. I can't switch the displays in the change display panel
(i.e. set up my laptop as the primary monitor - the option is greyed out).
When I turn the presentation feature on in the control panel it doesn't
detect another monitor that I can switch the settings for. I need to do my
presentations with my desktop on both my laptop and the projector. Does
anyone know a work around? Thanks
Curious

Re: Cant mirror desktop between laptop and projector
Contact your laptop vendor.
On any laptop I have ever used the Fn function key option has always
permitted Laptop only, Other display only, or both.

"starworks" <starworks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I connect my laptop to a projector, the projector becomes my primary
> monitor and my laptop screen goes black. The function key combo won't work
> switch displays. I can't switch the displays in the change display panel
> (i.e. set up my laptop as the primary monitor - the option is greyed out).
> When I turn the presentation feature on in the control panel it doesn't
> detect another monitor that I can switch the settings for. I need to do
> my
> presentations with my desktop on both my laptop and the projector. Does
> anyone know a work around? Thanks

spamme0

starworks wrote:
> When I connect my laptop to a projector, the projector becomes my primary
> monitor and my laptop screen goes black. The function key combo won't work to
> switch displays. I can't switch the displays in the change display panel
> (i.e. set up my laptop as the primary monitor - the option is greyed out).
> When I turn the presentation feature on in the control panel it doesn't
> detect another monitor that I can switch the settings for. I need to do my
> presentations with my desktop on both my laptop and the projector. Does
> anyone know a work around? Thanks

set the laptop screen and the external screen resolutions to the same
value and see
if that makes any difference.