MS7502 Mobo and 8 GB memory

BoereA

MS7502 Mobo and 8 GB memory

Hi, everyone!

I have a Medion MD8833 computer. It has an MS7502 motherboard inside
(an OEM from MSI). After having consulted medion's website, Intel's
website and Medion's support desk about 8 GB support on this Mobo, I
bought myself an ultimate X64 license and 4 2GB strips of memory.

Well, the BIOS states 8GB, vista states 8GB installed memory and says:
total memory 3325MB.

Facts:
8 GB in BIOS
installed memory: 8 GB
total memory: 3325 MB
Medion left out in this OEM version of the mobo the memory remapping
option. :shock:

Medion's support desk won't support anything because I altered the
configuration. Though they firmly state that 8GB is supported on their
machine.

Before bringing in the troops in this dispute with them, am I
overlooking something or am I being ripped off by medion?

Regards,

Alex.

--
BoereA
Jim Moriarty

Re: MS7502 Mobo and 8 GB memory
On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 15:40:22 -0600, BoereA <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Hi, everyone!
>
>I have a Medion MD8833 computer. It has an MS7502 motherboard inside
>(an OEM from MSI). After having consulted medion's website, Intel's
>website and Medion's support desk about 8 GB support on this Mobo, I
>bought myself an ultimate X64 license and 4 2GB strips of memory.
>
>Well, the BIOS states 8GB, vista states 8GB installed memory and says:
>total memory 3325MB.
>
>Facts:
>8 GB in BIOS
>installed memory: 8 GB
>total memory: 3325 MB
>Medion left out in this OEM version of the mobo the memory remapping
>option. :shock:

Medion = ALDI. Not shocked.

>Medion's support desk won't support anything because I altered the
>configuration. Though they firmly state that 8GB is supported on their
>machine.

Still, you messed with it so it's their prerogative to cancel warranty
support.

>Before bringing in the troops in this dispute with them, am I
>overlooking something or am I being ripped off by medion?

You're not being ripped off. You got what you paid for, it apparently
worked fine until you tampered with it, you found out that your
tampering won't work as you expected.

Rick Rogers

Re: MS7502 Mobo and 8 GB memory
Hi,

I'm going to ask a stupid question: You actually did cleanly install the
64-bit version after purchasing the license, yes? This is not an upgrade to
the existing 32-bit system, but a full clean installation - starting from
scratch as it were.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"BoereA" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi, everyone!
>
> I have a Medion MD8833 computer. It has an MS7502 motherboard inside
> (an OEM from MSI). After having consulted medion's website, Intel's
> website and Medion's support desk about 8 GB support on this Mobo, I
> bought myself an ultimate X64 license and 4 2GB strips of memory.
>
> Well, the BIOS states 8GB, vista states 8GB installed memory and says:
> total memory 3325MB.
>
> Facts:
> 8 GB in BIOS
> installed memory: 8 GB
> total memory: 3325 MB
> Medion left out in this OEM version of the mobo the memory remapping
> option. :shock:
>
> Medion's support desk won't support anything because I altered the
> configuration. Though they firmly state that 8GB is supported on their
> machine.
>
> Before bringing in the troops in this dispute with them, am I
> overlooking something or am I being ripped off by medion?
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex.
>

> --
> BoereA

Paul Shapiro

Re: MS7502 Mobo and 8 GB memory
I think that without the Memory Remap option in the bios, you won't get
access to more than 4GB. Is it possible to update the bios for this oem
board with the vendor's "standard" bios for the equivalent retail board?

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to ask a stupid question: You actually did cleanly install the
> 64-bit version after purchasing the license, yes? This is not an upgrade
> to the existing 32-bit system, but a full clean installation - starting
> from scratch as it were.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "BoereA" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi, everyone!
>>
>> I have a Medion MD8833 computer. It has an MS7502 motherboard inside
>> (an OEM from MSI). After having consulted medion's website, Intel's
>> website and Medion's support desk about 8 GB support on this Mobo, I
>> bought myself an ultimate X64 license and 4 2GB strips of memory.
>>
>> Well, the BIOS states 8GB, vista states 8GB installed memory and says:
>> total memory 3325MB.
>>
>> Facts:
>> 8 GB in BIOS
>> installed memory: 8 GB
>> total memory: 3325 MB
>> Medion left out in this OEM version of the mobo the memory remapping
>> option. :shock:
>>
>> Medion's support desk won't support anything because I altered the
>> configuration. Though they firmly state that 8GB is supported on their
>> machine.
>>
>> Before bringing in the troops in this dispute with them, am I
>> overlooking something or am I being ripped off by medion?

boerea

Re: MS7502 Mobo and 8 GB memory

Thanks, Paul and Rick, for the reply.

Yes, I did a clean install. Original MS x64 media, and payed for the
license. I persume the 8GB "installed memory" is -measured- from the
hardware id's of the memory itself.

Does x64 always need memory remapping tuned on?

I tried to find an update for the retail version but can't find any.
Award's BIOSAgentPlus says there is but want me to buy their
updatesoftware without giving any information about the update.
At least I could get proper info about the BIOS:

BIOS Type: Phoenix-Award
BIOS Date: November 1st 2007
BIOS ID: 11/01/2007-Bearlake-6A79OM4BC-00-None
BIOS OEM: W7502IM7 V1.0A 11/01/2007 MEDIONPC LN - 6.00 PG
Chipset: Intel 29C0 rev 2
SuperIO: Unknown
Manufacturer: MEDIONPC
Motherboard: MS-7502

regards,

Alex.

--
boerea
boerea's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/boerea.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

jpldk

Re: MS7502 Mobo and 8 GB memory

On medion.de you wil find bios updates when seaching for 7502 on suppage
triber & updates

kind regards

--
jpldk