Where are Vista printer drivers situated?

menhel

Where are Vista printer drivers situated?

I have recently upgraded to windows 7, but it doesnt support my old
laserjet printer(hp laserjet 1100)
The driver was available in vista.
Can anyone direct me where the driver is so i can copy and paste from
another computer?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

thanks

--
menhel
Dave

Re: Where are Vista printer drivers situated?
I'd get it from HP...
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2093

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"menhel" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have recently upgraded to windows 7, but it doesnt support my old
> laserjet printer(hp laserjet 1100)
> The driver was available in vista.
> Can anyone direct me where the driver is so i can copy and paste from
> another computer?
>
> Any help would be gladly appreciated.
>
> thanks
>

> --
> menhel

Cody Jarrett

Re: Where are Vista printer drivers situated?
On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 15:11:56 -0600, menhel <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>I have recently upgraded to windows 7, but it doesnt support my old
>laserjet printer(hp laserjet 1100)
>The driver was available in vista.
>Can anyone direct me where the driver is so i can copy and paste from
>another computer?
>
>Any help would be gladly appreciated.
>
>thanks

You are playing with BETA software, you moron. Drivers haven't been
written for it yet.

And a VISTA group isn't the place to look for help, either.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/
menhel

Re: Where are Vista printer drivers situated?

surely you know where the drivers are on vista ie which system folder.

hp assumes that you can use driver from os.

--
menhel
DL

Re: Where are Vista printer drivers situated?
You cannot copy & paste drivers (well you can, but they wont work)

> surely you know where the drivers are on vista ie which system folder.
>
> hp assumes that you can use driver from os.
>

> --
> menhel

cqui3

"menhel" <guest@unknown-email.com> a écrit dans le message de

> I have recently upgraded to windows 7, but it doesnt support my old
> laserjet printer(hp laserjet 1100)
> The driver was available in vista.
> Can anyone direct me where the driver is so i can copy and paste from
> another computer?
>
> Any help would be gladly appreciated.
>
> thanks
>

> --
> menhel

I have Win7 installed on an external drive. My laser printer is
a HP 1020, therefore older than yours, and yet it works
perfectly with the drivers installed from the install CD that
came with the printer.

But I have not found a way of making it work on my MAC
computer - with Leopard 10.5.5
It used to work with earlier 10.4.x versions.

mikeyhsd

Re: Where are Vista printer drivers situated?
use the Vista drivers and maybe install using Compatibility mode for Vista.

mikeyhsd@lamparty.net

"menhel" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:f8403c9bd32b85366542eb1d2586a90e@nntp-gateway.com...

I have recently upgraded to windows 7, but it doesnt support my old
laserjet printer(hp laserjet 1100)
The driver was available in vista.
Can anyone direct me where the driver is so i can copy and paste from
another computer?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

thanks

--
menhel
PaulB

RE: Where are Vista printer drivers situated?
When you are in the add printer window, use the Windows Update button to get
the driver from Microsoft. It will seem like it has frozen when you do, but
it is not. It will take around 10 minutes to get the drivers. I got them for
my LaserJet series II this way.
--
Paul

"menhel" wrote:

> I have recently upgraded to windows 7, but it doesnt support my old
> laserjet printer(hp laserjet 1100)
> The driver was available in vista.
> Can anyone direct me where the driver is so i can copy and paste from
> another computer?
>
> Any help would be gladly appreciated.
>
> thanks
>

> --
> menhel

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Where are Vista printer drivers situated?
Connect the printer and let Windows Update find the driver.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows