touch pad

simonnew

touch pad

hi,
for some odd reason, the touchpad of my laptop has become active,
meaning if i tap it it responds, which i find very irritating. my
problem is that i just cannot seem to find where to shut it off! i've
gone through almost everything in the control panel but cannot find how
to do it, can anyone help?
cheers

--
simonnew
spamme0

Re: touch pad
simonnew wrote:
> hi,
> for some odd reason, the touchpad of my laptop has become active,
> meaning if i tap it it responds, which i find very irritating. my
> problem is that i just cannot seem to find where to shut it off! i've
> gone through almost everything in the control panel but cannot find how
> to do it, can anyone help?
> cheers

Someone with the same laptop might be able to help...if they knew they
had the same laptop.
Sometimes there's a setting in the bios to turn off internal
mice(equivalents).
Assuming you're using another input device, and you have two entries in
the device manager, you can disable one. Life can get interesting if you
disable all input devices by accident.
Sometimes a touchpad driver has the capability to turn off taps.
Some drivers have the capability to reduce touch capability, but I don't
know by how much.
johnstiscali

Re: touch pad
Hi there there should be a program that controls the touchpad through the
start>control panel venue look for the touchpad icon which normally combines
the mouse movement as well, you should be able to disable the touchpad from
there, or is here a function key with the top row flu to f12 to
enable/disable this function.