Toshiba webcam software won't reinstall. Second request for help.

my_realtor

Toshiba webcam software won't reinstall. Second request for help.
Will someone please help me with this problem. I was told it's a problem with
VISTA.

A tech at an AT&T store installed my new braodband air card Thursday. I had
spent over 3 hours with tech support on the phone trying to get it to work
without success. It did take this tech several hours working with my laptop
and a couple of the air cards before he and someone working with him on the
phone from AT&T's tech support before he got it to work. When I got back to
the store he showed me it was working and I left. When I got home and booted
up my system I got a message saying that the webcam drivers were not working.

I've written to the forum Toshiba has but they couldn't get it to work after
going to Circuit City to take advantage of my extended warranty only to find
they no longer have their 'FIREDOG' service. Someone helping me in the
Toshiba forum suggested I contact the Cityassure who has taken over the
warranties for Circuit City. I was on the phone for quite a while with them
this morning. I was told that I should install the Microsoft Windows updated,
which I did, then try to reinstall the camera using the disc that came with
my laptop. Did it all but I'm still getting the error message that the camera
drivers failed to open and I should restart the camera or the computer.
Nothing I've tried to get this software/drivers to reinstall has worked every
since AT&T did whatever they did to install the braodband card (which I have
uninstalled to send back to AT&T).

If anyone can help me get this camera working again I'd appreciate it very
much. I don't know what information you may need to help with this problem.

Thanks in advance!
Linda

--
my_realtor (Linda)

Danny Krychek

Re: Toshiba webcam software won't reinstall. Second request for help.
my_realtor <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Will someone please help me with this problem. I was told it's a problem with
>VISTA.

[snip]

One post per issue please. You posted to the hardware group
yesterday.

To get more coverage, post to more than one group at the same time.
That way all replies will appear in each group, and those of us who
use news readers will only see it once.
my_realtor

Re: Toshiba webcam software won't reinstall. Second request for he
I posted a second time because no one had responded to my first request for
help and still hasn't.
--
my_realtor (Linda)

"Danny Krychek" wrote:

> my_realtor <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Will someone please help me with this problem. I was told it's a problem with
> >VISTA.

> [snip]
>
> One post per issue please. You posted to the hardware group
> yesterday.
>
> To get more coverage, post to more than one group at the same time.
> That way all replies will appear in each group, and those of us who
> use news readers will only see it once.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Toshiba webcam software won't reinstall. Second request for help.
Try the drivers at the Toshiba website.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"my_realtor" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Will someone please help me with this problem. I was told it's a problem
> with
> VISTA.
>
> A tech at an AT&T store installed my new braodband air card Thursday. I
> had
> spent over 3 hours with tech support on the phone trying to get it to work
> without success. It did take this tech several hours working with my
> laptop
> and a couple of the air cards before he and someone working with him on
> the
> phone from AT&T's tech support before he got it to work. When I got back
> the store he showed me it was working and I left. When I got home and
> booted
> up my system I got a message saying that the webcam drivers were not
> working.
>
> I've written to the forum Toshiba has but they couldn't get it to work
> after
> going to Circuit City to take advantage of my extended warranty only to
> find
> they no longer have their 'FIREDOG' service. Someone helping me in the
> Toshiba forum suggested I contact the Cityassure who has taken over the
> warranties for Circuit City. I was on the phone for quite a while with
> them
> this morning. I was told that I should install the Microsoft Windows
> updated,
> which I did, then try to reinstall the camera using the disc that came
> with
> my laptop. Did it all but I'm still getting the error message that the
> camera
> drivers failed to open and I should restart the camera or the computer.
> Nothing I've tried to get this software/drivers to reinstall has worked
> every
> since AT&T did whatever they did to install the braodband card (which I
> have
> uninstalled to send back to AT&T).
>
> If anyone can help me get this camera working again I'd appreciate it very
> much. I don't know what information you may need to help with this
> problem.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Linda
>
> --
> my_realtor (Linda)

my_realtor

Re: Toshiba webcam software won't reinstall. Second request for he
I have solved this problem with the help of the newsgroup for Toshiba. I kept
trying to reinstall the software and drivers that were on the disc that came
with the laptop but it wouldn't reinstall. It went through the motions of
reinstalling but I just kept getting the error message saying the drivers
were not installed. I had asked if there were drivers I could download to see
if that would work. Well it did. I downloaded the camera softward and drivers
and installed it from that download and low and behold my camera is now
working. I did put that page in 'my favorites.'
I do appreciate your response.
--
my_realtor (Linda)