Extending partition help

raze1225

Extending partition help

Well for some reason when i wiped my HD clean and tried reinstalling
vista home premium i couldnt make a partition until i lowered it to 250
gig. even though when i got it there was 650 gig. So now ive got 400 gig
of unallocated space i want to addon to this partition. how would i do
that WITHOUT UN installing vista and LOSING my data any ideas or help
please

--
raze1225
Max Goldman

Re: Extending partition help
raze1225 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Well for some reason when i wiped my HD clean and tried reinstalling
>vista home premium i couldnt make a partition until i lowered it to 250
>gig. even though when i got it there was 650 gig. So now ive got 400 gig
>of unallocated space i want to addon to this partition. how would i do
>that WITHOUT UN installing vista and LOSING my data any ideas or help
>please

YOU again? How many times have you asked this question?

And in how many places???
raze1225

Re: Extending partition help

this is my 2nd post... and its a different question......

--
raze1225
Max Goldman

Re: Extending partition help
raze1225 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>this is my 2nd post... and its a different question......

Same problem, same question... second thread.
raze1225

Re: Extending partition help

umm no before my problem was i couldnt create a partition and got that
resolved. now i wanna know how to extend the partition and the questions
were different.........

--
raze1225
SIW2

raze1225;957054 Wrote:
> umm no before my problem was i couldnt create a partition and got that
> resolved. now i wanna know how to extend the partition and the questions
> were different.........

Hi,

You may like to take a look at the tutorial

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/95...te-extend.html

Hope it helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
Rick Rogers

Re: Extending partition help
Hi,

Two options:

a) Run diskmgmt.msc and expand the existing volume. Just right click the
existing one, it will be obvious.

b) Run diskmgmt.msc and create a second volume from the free space. Format
it and use as you please.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"raze1225" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Well for some reason when i wiped my HD clean and tried reinstalling
> vista home premium i couldnt make a partition until i lowered it to 250
> gig. even though when i got it there was 650 gig. So now ive got 400 gig
> of unallocated space i want to addon to this partition. how would i do
> that WITHOUT UN installing vista and LOSING my data any ideas or help
> please
>

> --
> raze1225

Max Goldman

Re: Extending partition help
raze1225 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>umm no before my problem was i couldnt create a partition and got that
>resolved. now i wanna know how to extend the partition and the questions
>were different.........

=====
You wrote in the other thread:

"ok well like i said im not sure what happend but i tried to create a
250gig partition and it worked even though my whole HD is 700gig and
the comp came with 650 gig free. So i instaleld vista and stuff and
vid card drivers and everything is back up but now ive got 450 free
gig space and i set my bios boot settings to load disc first then HD
is that bad. im GUESSING i can just get partition magic and resize
this partition to 650 gig without losing my os or data right?"