Alternative On-demand Way to Run HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One Wireless Network Printer?

Susan

Alternative On-demand Way to Run HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One Wireless Network Printer?
Does anyone know or is it possible to run HP All-in-One Solution
Center software wirelessly on-demand? When all the printer
applications load at startup there seems to be significant drain/time
involved. Since I only need to load and run the printer when I have
something to scan, print, copy, fax, etc. I would prefer it not
already loaded.

In the course of trying to figure this out for myself by stopping
certain HP services and not loading other HP programs at boot using
MSConfig and not running the image monitor at startup I managed to get
my wireless connectivity really screwed up to the point where I lost
Internet connectivity even. HP technical support was of no help at
this point. I've uninstalled all the HP sotware as best as the
uninstall(s) worked and I'm now ready to reinstall the latest again
for my Photosmart C7280.

I suspect the best I can hope for is not to fight this but, when I
need to, close the imaging monitor in the system tray if I'd like but
otherwise not mess with HP's functionality? I don't have a clue why
or how HP's software goofed up my wireless Internet connectivity but I
don't want to go through that again. It was all working fine until I
got the notion that I didn't want it all running or ready to use in
background when many days I don't use the printer at all. Fiddling is
a dangerous business on a PC with software designed apparently to work
only one way.

So, now, are there any other ways? Any other solutions that work?

Thank you.
DL

Re: Alternative On-demand Way to Run HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One Wireless Network Printer?
I would'nt try stopping any services, but you can certainly disable start up
items, in msconfig, without causing other issues.
I would have thought HP would have been able to guide you on what start ups
to dissable, and what if any shortcuts were needed when you wanted to use
the device.
Generally start up items and services should not cause a significant drain,
unless you are low on ram. Its usually Anti Virus apps that cause any delay,
particularly some of the main brand ones