Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Video Hardware Crash

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2009
goorambatman
 

Posts: n/a
Video Hardware Crash
I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. When I use the screen saver Aurora
(and i think all screensavers) and leave the computer at night I come back to
find it has been crashing and restrting all night.

The screensaver comes on without error but at some stage while it's running
I get a crash. My power settings are set too never turn off the computer and
to never put it to sleep.

I have no problems when the screen saver is set to blank. I have never been
there to see it crash, it does it when the computer has been inactive for a
long period of time.

this problem was present with Vista SP1 and is not a SP2 issue.

I have Catalyst Controll Center 9.1 and it's drivers installed. My device
is an ATI Radeon X1300 PRO PCI Express x16 512MB DDR2.


Product
Windows

Problem
Video hardware error

Date
1/02/2009 6:15 AM

Status
Solution Available

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
WD-20090201-0615.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: 8676D510
BCP2: 8CA1D4B2
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: 363e4a28-2de3-4681-8487-d68be84ce670



Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
1/02/2009 5:18 AM

Status
Solution Available

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini020109-08.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 8674D008
BCP2: 8C01C4B2
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 0000000D
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: 2700d6c4-8032-48a6-b84c-93e90e7f63f5

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2009
Jake Marley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video Hardware Crash
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:46:01 -0800, goorambatman
<goorambatman@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2.


No such animal.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2009
Dave
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video Hardware Crash
Yes there is... SP2 is in beta. I installed it in Dec., but am mostly using
Win7 beta now.
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/22...shes-vista-sp2



--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
http://download.live.com/wlmail


"Jake Marley" <marley_jacob@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:dmq9o4hrreer4fan0g9i9463kc7v7n0kjl@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:46:01 -0800, goorambatman
> <goorambatman@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2.

>
> No such animal.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2009
Jake Marley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video Hardware Crash
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 19:45:09 -0500, "Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com>
wrote:

>Yes there is... SP2 is in beta. I installed it in Dec., but am mostly using
>Win7 beta now.


Beta versions aren't supportable: thus, "No such animal".

>http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/22...shes-vista-sp2
>
>
>
>--
>Windows 7 beta
>http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>http://download.live.com/wlmail
>
>
>"Jake Marley" <marley_jacob@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>news:dmq9o4hrreer4fan0g9i9463kc7v7n0kjl@4ax.com.. .
>> On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:46:01 -0800, goorambatman
>> <goorambatman@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2.

>>
>> No such animal.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2009
Harry
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Video Hardware Crash
Bag it. You're unlikely to ever get an issue like this resolved with Vista -
it's issues and problems are too essoteric and device specific. So, if you
really have to use Aurora, wipe and install XP, or get a new PC. If the new
one has Vista also, it's unlikely it will have the same issue, but it will
have others.

A friend of mine had a PC with Vista Premium (don't know what SP) that also
did this, although I don't remember if it was for just 1 or 2 specific screen
savers. Anyway, it crashed at exactly 4 hours and 13 minutes every time.

After months of talking to (screaming at) the PC manufacturer (COMPAQ) and
Microsoft, he finally disabled the screen saver and turned the monitor off
instead.

Where did you get a copy of Win7 beta? I'm looking at wiping my Vista and
installing XP, but may try that if it's affordable.

"goorambatman" wrote:

> I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. When I use the screen saver Aurora
> (and i think all screensavers) and leave the computer at night I come back to
> find it has been crashing and restrting all night.
>
> The screensaver comes on without error but at some stage while it's running
> I get a crash. My power settings are set too never turn off the computer and
> to never put it to sleep.
>
> I have no problems when the screen saver is set to blank. I have never been
> there to see it crash, it does it when the computer has been inactive for a
> long period of time.
>
> this problem was present with Vista SP1 and is not a SP2 issue.
>
> I have Catalyst Controll Center 9.1 and it's drivers installed. My device
> is an ATI Radeon X1300 PRO PCI Express x16 512MB DDR2.
>
>
> Product
> Windows
>
> Problem
> Video hardware error
>
> Date
> 1/02/2009 6:15 AM
>
> Status
> Solution Available
>
> Description
> A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
> OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 3081
>
> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
> WD-20090201-0615.dmp
> sysdata.xml
> Version.txt
>
> Extra information about the problem
> BCCode: 117
> BCP1: 8676D510
> BCP2: 8CA1D4B2
> BCP3: 00000000
> BCP4: 00000000
> OS Version: 6_0_6002
> Service Pack: 2_0
> Product: 768_1
> Server information: 363e4a28-2de3-4681-8487-d68be84ce670
>
>
>
> Product
> Windows
>
> Problem
> Shut down unexpectedly
>
> Date
> 1/02/2009 5:18 AM
>
> Status
> Solution Available
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 3081
>
> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
> Mini020109-08.dmp
> sysdata.xml
> Version.txt
>
> Extra information about the problem
> BCCode: 116
> BCP1: 8674D008
> BCP2: 8C01C4B2
> BCP3: 00000000
> BCP4: 0000000D
> OS Version: 6_0_6002
> Service Pack: 2_0
> Product: 768_1
> Server information: 2700d6c4-8032-48a6-b84c-93e90e7f63f5
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2009
Ray Luca
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video Hardware Crash
Harry <Harry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Where did you get a copy of Win7 beta? I'm looking at wiping my Vista and
>installing XP, but may try that if it's affordable.


You're a moron. Beta software is FREE.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video hardware error - ATI Radeon X1300 - System Crash goorambatman microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 17 11-21-2008 00:58
prob with video hardware ...help! dcp4 microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 8 01-31-2008 06:40
Video Cam Hardware deanleeritch microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 08-17-2007 02:30
Video Hardware Jahkey238 microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 2 07-02-2007 00:50
video hardware error xqzhan microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 04-02-2007 11:03




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:49.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120