Mouse Problems

Jim

Mouse Problems
I inadvertently switched on touch screen on my computer and now my PS/2
compatible mouse will not work? In device manager under mouse and pointing
devices it list "HID compliant Mouse" instead of " PS/2 compatible mouse".
Can anyone explain how to change back to the later PS/2 mouse and driver?
Thank you for any help with this! I am currently able to us a USB mouse
only? I was using a Logitech mouse and keyboard wireless duo before I
changed something , somewhere on my system? Hopefully a software setting?
Vista Basic is the operating system I am trying to resolve this issue on. I
have tried uninstalling and windows keeps bring back HID compliant mouse in
the device manager? Hope to get help a.s.a.p!

Night Hawk

Re: Mouse Problems

Jim;954483 Wrote:
> I inadvertently switched on touch screen on my computer and now my PS/2
> compatible mouse will not work? In device manager under mouse and
> pointing
> devices it list "HID compliant Mouse" instead of " PS/2 compatible
> mouse".
> Can anyone explain how to change back to the later PS/2 mouse and
> driver?
> Thank you for any help with this! I am currently able to us a USB mouse
> only? I was using a Logitech mouse and keyboard wireless duo before I
> changed something , somewhere on my system? Hopefully a software
> setting?
> Vista Basic is the operating system I am trying to resolve this issue
> on. I
> have tried uninstalling and windows keeps bring back HID compliant
> mouse in
> the device manager? Hope to get help a.s.a.p!

The "HID" Human Interface Device listing is supposed to be seen even
without any programmable mouse installed. You don't remove the defaults
for Windows there.

The quick solution is to turn off the touch screen setting since that
doesn't support the Logitech software for the cordless keyboard/mouse
combo to begin with.

--
Night Hawk
Jim

Re: Mouse Problems
I don't know how to turn off the touch screen setting? And thank you for
helping!

"Night Hawk" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Jim;954483 Wrote:
>> I inadvertently switched on touch screen on my computer and now my PS/2
>> compatible mouse will not work? In device manager under mouse and
>> pointing
>> devices it list "HID compliant Mouse" instead of " PS/2 compatible
>> mouse".
>> Can anyone explain how to change back to the later PS/2 mouse and
>> driver?
>> Thank you for any help with this! I am currently able to us a USB mouse
>> only? I was using a Logitech mouse and keyboard wireless duo before I
>> changed something , somewhere on my system? Hopefully a software
>> setting?
>> Vista Basic is the operating system I am trying to resolve this issue
>> on. I
>> have tried uninstalling and windows keeps bring back HID compliant
>> mouse in
>> the device manager? Hope to get help a.s.a.p!

> The "HID" Human Interface Device listing is supposed to be seen even
> without any programmable mouse installed. You don't remove the defaults
> for Windows there.
>
> The quick solution is to turn off the touch screen setting since that
> doesn't support the Logitech software for the cordless keyboard/mouse
> combo to begin with.
>

> --
> Night Hawk

Night Hawk

Re: Mouse Problems

Jim;954720 Wrote:
> I don't know how to turn off the touch screen setting? And thank you for
> helping!
>
> "Night Hawk" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:c6481704066fef4da2376bf339437751@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

> > > PS/2
> > > mouse
> > > issue
> > >
> > > The "HID" Human Interface Device listing is supposed to be seen

> > even
> > > without any programmable mouse installed. You don't remove the

> > defaults
> > > for Windows there.
> > >
> > > The quick solution is to turn off the touch screen setting since

> > that
> > > doesn't support the Logitech software for the cordless

> > keyboard/mouse
> > > combo to begin with.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Night Hawk > >

I still find it odd that the Logitech item isn't being seen underneath
the HID item when looking in that catagory of the device manager itself.
The Microtouch touch screen feature has been an option for Windows since
3.1 for use with external input devices and shouldn't remove the
Logitech item there.

--
Night Hawk
Jim

Re: Mouse Problems
I am able to use the wireless keyboard but the mouse isn't recognized? As I
typed in my first thread am able to use a usb mouse but the wireless will
not? Thank you again for any help!

> Jim;954720 Wrote:
>> I don't know how to turn off the touch screen setting? And thank you for
>> helping!
>>
>> "Night Hawk" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:c6481704066fef4da2376bf339437751@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

>> > even
>> > defaults

>> > that
>> > keyboard/mouse

> I still find it odd that the Logitech item isn't being seen underneath
> the HID item when looking in that catagory of the device manager itself.
> The Microtouch touch screen feature has been an option for Windows since
> 3.1 for use with external input devices and shouldn't remove the
> Logitech item there.
>

> --
> Night Hawk

Jim

Re: Mouse Problems
"Night Hawk" Thank You for steering me in the right direction. I resolved my
mouse issue by going into device manager and uninstalling in the Human
Interface Devices category the extra input for touch screen. I think this is
worded correctly. I will reboot and see if all goes well? Thank you for
helping me with this and I really am learning to slow down and pay more
attention to what is being typed or said! Will report back after reboot!

"Night Hawk" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Jim;954720 Wrote:
>> I don't know how to turn off the touch screen setting? And thank you for
>> helping!
>>
>> "Night Hawk" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:c6481704066fef4da2376bf339437751@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

>> > even
>> > defaults

>> > that
>> > keyboard/mouse

> I still find it odd that the Logitech item isn't being seen underneath
> the HID item when looking in that catagory of the device manager itself.
> The Microtouch touch screen feature has been an option for Windows since
> 3.1 for use with external input devices and shouldn't remove the
> Logitech item there.
>

> --
> Night Hawk

Jim

Re: Mouse Problems
Well finally got the root cause of problem I think?
Anyway after re-boot the same problem came back! ( wireless mouse frozen in
middle of my desktop)
I went back into device manager an found three entries in HID category.
Then for some reason I remembered when I was in system BIOS that there was
an option for USB mouse that I enabled.
Think this turned on HID (Human Interface Devices) in device manager?
Anyway after saving setup for BIOS the system booted and windows found my
PS/2 compatible hardware and installed the software.
Rebooted one more time and all is well!
Come to the conclusion that don't try and fix computer after you get very
tired! Make to many changes and remembering gets bad!
Maybe I will start documenting my activities when searching for solutions to
a computer!
Thank you once again for having these news groups and people like Night Hawk
who are willing to help!