Change drive letter fo0r external usb Floppy from B to A

HawkeyeLOM

Change drive letter fo0r external usb Floppy from B to A

I have an external USB floppy drive that got assigned the drive letter B
when it was plugged into one of the usb ports on the back of my PC.

I need to change it to letter A. The drive is not listed under computer
management: disk management. Removing the drive and reinstalling does
not chhange the drive letter. Removing the driver in device manager
results in installing new hardware, but with drive letter B. The Bios
has several settings releated to usb devices--but nothing to do with
drive letters.

so I am at a loss of how to fix this---any help would be most
apreciated

--
HawkeyeLOM
PaulB

RE: Change drive letter fo0r external usb Floppy from B to A
Right click the USB drive in the disk manager and select change the drive
letter.
--
Paul

mail@uwe-sieber.de

On 29 Jan., 01:27, HawkeyeLOM <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> I have an externalUSBfloppydrivethat got assigned thedriveletterB
> when it was plugged into one of theusbports on the back of my PC.
>
> I need to change it toletterA. Thedriveis not listed under computer
> management: disk management. Removing thedriveand reinstalling does
> not chhange thedriveletter. Removing the driver in device manager
> results in installing new hardware, but withdriveletterB. The Bios
> has several settings releated tousbdevices--but nothing to do withdriveletters.
>
> so I am at a loss of how to fix this---any help would be most
> apreciated

My commandline tool ReMount can do this:
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/drivetools_e.html#remount

Uwe