acer dying...

nicke

acer dying...
Hello everyboddy!

The case is that I have one acer Aspire 3003 LMi that die everytime I
trying to install XP on it. The computer just die suddely, just like you
pull out the powercord during the format process. Around 12% compleat,
everytime so fare, 3 attempts.

The "strange" thing is that I'm able to install OpenSUSE 11.1 on it.

Måns Månsson
Curious

Re: Acer dying...
An OS installation consumes a lot of power. Is there any possibility that
you are trying to do the install while running on battery power or while in
a location or on a surface that does not have adequate ventilation and could
cause overheating.

"nicke" <niclas.mansson@telia.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyboddy!
>
> The case is that I have one acer Aspire 3003 LMi that die everytime I
> trying to install XP on it. The computer just die suddely, just like you
> pull out the powercord during the format process. Around 12% compleat,
> everytime so fare, 3 attempts.
>
> The "strange" thing is that I'm able to install OpenSUSE 11.1 on it.
>
> Måns Månsson

nicke

Re: Acer dying...
Curious skrev:
> An OS installation consumes a lot of power. Is there any possibility
> that you are trying to do the install while running on battery power or
> while in a location or on a surface that does not have adequate
> ventilation and could cause overheating.
>
> "nicke" <niclas.mansson@telia.com> wrote in message
>> Hello everyboddy!
>>
>> The case is that I have one acer Aspire 3003 LMi that die everytime I
>> trying to install XP on it. The computer just die suddely, just like
>> you pull out the powercord during the format process. Around 12%
>> compleat, everytime so fare, 3 attempts.
>>
>> The "strange" thing is that I'm able to install OpenSUSE 11.1 on it.
>>
>> Måns Månsson

Thanks for the quick respons!
No the computer is always on 220V-power, and are placed on a table.
So I think that the coling is sufficient.
It has 'died' once during a mplayer 'show'.
I can use the computer normaly when OpenSUSE is the OS. It can't be the
memory that is broken, or can it?
Some sort of hardware error is ther, but which part?
Curious

Re: Acer dying...
Check the cooling fan vents on the bottom and if they look clogged with dust
use a vacuum cleaner to suck out the dust.
Yes you might want to run memory diagnostics or running the memory at slower
speed.
Do you have the latest BIOS from Acer installed?
What Windows OS have you had running on the machine previously?