NAS drive recommendation

BrianB

NAS drive recommendation
Can you recommend a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive for my home
network? I need ...
- 1 or 2 TB
- RAID 0 or 1 (5 would be nice)
- Ethernet 10/100/1000
- Supports clients running Win XP Pro, Vista Home Premium x64, Vista
Enterprise x32
- Under $500 (the more under the better)
- Good data transfer rate

I've looked at Western Digital My Book World Edition but it has problems
with Vista x64 (drops the network several times a day. WD's support says
they've never tested it with any 64-bit OS. Worked just fine before adding
the Vista 64 client. Plus its data transfer rate was abysmal). I've looked
at Buffalo LinkStation and Netgear and Iomega. All have reviews ranging from
great to junk.

Would anyone care to post their opinions? Thanks in advance
Brian Bygland

BrianB

Re: NAS drive recommendation
(Sigh) I was hoping that someone could post a recommendation for a NAS drive
that works with Vista 64-bit. Oh well. Back to researching.

Brian

"BrianB" <brian@notreal.com> wrote in message
> Can you recommend a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive for my home
> network? I need ...
> - 1 or 2 TB
> - RAID 0 or 1 (5 would be nice)
> - Ethernet 10/100/1000
> - Supports clients running Win XP Pro, Vista Home Premium x64, Vista
> Enterprise x32
> - Under $500 (the more under the better)
> - Good data transfer rate
>
> I've looked at Western Digital My Book World Edition but it has problems
> with Vista x64 (drops the network several times a day. WD's support says
> they've never tested it with any 64-bit OS. Worked just fine before adding
> the Vista 64 client. Plus its data transfer rate was abysmal). I've looked
> at Buffalo LinkStation and Netgear and Iomega. All have reviews ranging
> from great to junk.
>
> Would anyone care to post their opinions? Thanks in advance
> Brian Bygland

pokeyman

> (Sigh) I was hoping that someone could post a recommendation for a NAS

drive
> that works with Vista 64-bit. Oh well. Back to researching.
>
> Brian
>
> "BrianB" <brian@notreal.com> wrote in message
> > Can you recommend a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive for my home
> > network? I need ...
> > - 1 or 2 TB
> > - RAID 0 or 1 (5 would be nice)
> > - Ethernet 10/100/1000
> > - Supports clients running Win XP Pro, Vista Home Premium x64, Vista
> > Enterprise x32
> > - Under $500 (the more under the better)
> > - Good data transfer rate
> >
> > I've looked at Western Digital My Book World Edition but it has problems
> > with Vista x64 (drops the network several times a day. WD's support says
> > they've never tested it with any 64-bit OS. Worked just fine before

adding
> > the Vista 64 client. Plus its data transfer rate was abysmal). I've

looked
> > at Buffalo LinkStation and Netgear and Iomega. All have reviews ranging
> > from great to junk.
> >
> > Would anyone care to post their opinions? Thanks in advance
> > Brian Bygland

ISTARUSA iage820 has gigabyte eithernet / scsi there are others... firewire
and or usb... I think the iAGE series might be your ticket

Pokeyman

pokeyman

Re: NAS drive recommendation

"BrianB" <brian@notreal.com> wrote in message
> (Sigh) I was hoping that someone could post a recommendation for a NAS

drive
> that works with Vista 64-bit. Oh well. Back to researching.
>
> Brian
>
> "BrianB" <brian@notreal.com> wrote in message
> > Can you recommend a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive for my home
> > network? I need ...
> > - 1 or 2 TB
> > - RAID 0 or 1 (5 would be nice)
> > - Ethernet 10/100/1000
> > - Supports clients running Win XP Pro, Vista Home Premium x64, Vista
> > Enterprise x32
> > - Under $500 (the more under the better)
> > - Good data transfer rate
> >
> > I've looked at Western Digital My Book World Edition but it has problems
> > with Vista x64 (drops the network several times a day. WD's support says
> > they've never tested it with any 64-bit OS. Worked just fine before

adding
> > the Vista 64 client. Plus its data transfer rate was abysmal). I've

looked
> > at Buffalo LinkStation and Netgear and Iomega. All have reviews ranging
> > from great to junk.
> >
> > Would anyone care to post their opinions? Thanks in advance
> > Brian Bygland

also mAGE series also has iSCSI gigabyte E connects

"pokeyman" <james7273(remove)@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "BrianB" <brian@notreal.com> wrote in message
>> (Sigh) I was hoping that someone could post a recommendation for a NAS

> drive
>> that works with Vista 64-bit. Oh well. Back to researching.
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> "BrianB" <brian@notreal.com> wrote in message
>> > Can you recommend a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive for my home
>> > network? I need ...
>> > - 1 or 2 TB
>> > - RAID 0 or 1 (5 would be nice)
>> > - Ethernet 10/100/1000
>> > - Supports clients running Win XP Pro, Vista Home Premium x64, Vista
>> > Enterprise x32
>> > - Under $500 (the more under the better)
>> > - Good data transfer rate
>> >
>> > I've looked at Western Digital My Book World Edition but it has
>> > problems
>> > with Vista x64 (drops the network several times a day. WD's support
>> > says
>> > they've never tested it with any 64-bit OS. Worked just fine before

> adding
>> > the Vista 64 client. Plus its data transfer rate was abysmal). I've

> looked
>> > at Buffalo LinkStation and Netgear and Iomega. All have reviews ranging
>> > from great to junk.
>> >
>> > Would anyone care to post their opinions? Thanks in advance
>> > Brian Bygland
>> >

> also mAGE series also has iSCSI gigabyte E connects

Thank you. I'll look into them.

Brian