Why VISTA can't see my iPod through HUB

Uncle Scotty

Why VISTA can't see my iPod through HUB
Hi,

I am running VISTA home premium. On my previous machine, I was running
XP Home and connecting my iPod to the computer thru a powered HUB. It
worked fine, and iTunes recognized my iPod.

When I migrated to this new machine with VISTA, iTunes no longer sees
my iPod when it's connected, and I have to precariously connect it
through one of the USB ports on the face of the tower (since all the
ones in the rear are occupied).

Is this a security feature of VISTA or what else might be causing this
problem? Is there a work-around if you don't have enough internal, USB
ports?

Thanks, Scott
Dustin Harper

Re: Why VISTA can't see my iPod through HUB

Do any other devices work when plugged into the hub? Does it charge the iPod
through the USB port in the hub, or does it not work at all with it?

Dustin Harper
http://www.mstechpages.com | Microsoft News and Knowledge Base
dharper@mstechpages.com

"Uncle Scotty" <scottspiegler@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am running VISTA home premium. On my previous machine, I was running
> XP Home and connecting my iPod to the computer thru a powered HUB. It
> worked fine, and iTunes recognized my iPod.
>
> When I migrated to this new machine with VISTA, iTunes no longer sees
> my iPod when it's connected, and I have to precariously connect it
> through one of the USB ports on the face of the tower (since all the
> ones in the rear are occupied).
>
> Is this a security feature of VISTA or what else might be causing this
> problem? Is there a work-around if you don't have enough internal, USB
> ports?
>
> Thanks, Scott

weshawk

Re: Why VISTA can't see my iPod through HUB

Having the exact same problem...yes it charges...yes everything else
works in all of my USB ports

Vista x32 Home Premium
iTunes 8 newest version
no new windows updates to DL
4th gen Ipod...just bought the damn thing

DLing/Installing iTunes x32 version 8
once installed plugging in iPod...nothing

--
weshawk
weshawk

weshawk;947461 Wrote:
> Having the exact same problem...yes it charges...yes everything else
> works in all of my USB ports
>
> Vista x32 Home Premium
> iTunes 8 newest version
> no new windows updates to DL
> 4th gen Ipod...just bought the damn thing
>
> DLing/Installing iTunes x32 version 8
> once installed plugging in iPod...nothing

PROBLEM SOLVED

I tried the cable that came with my 2nd gen ipod and it worked fine, so
the cable that came with my new iPod must be defective. The 2nd gen
cable was a little shorter compared to the one that came with my new
Ipod...this may be something others that are having problems could try.

--
weshawk
Uncle Scotty

Re: Why VISTA can't see my iPod through HUB
Let's see- it does charge the battery but as I say iTunes doesn't
recognize it. And, I can say that my Dazzle Flash Card Reader is also
not recognized going through the hub... Hmmm... what does this
imply??