Vista Home Premium 32 does'nt recognize External Harddisc

RPvD is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista Home Premium 32 does'nt recognize External Harddisc
When the disc is connected with firewire/usb, the right driver is intalled, but the computer doesn't show the station anywhere. I booted again, the disc is recognized in the bios, but it isn't shown anywhere when the computer started.
Who can help me with this problem?

Thnx in advance!
DL

Re: Vista Home Premium 32 does'nt recognize External Harddisc
Is it partitioned & formatted?

"RPvD" <RPvD.3mbwo0@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> When the disc is connected with firewire/usb, the right driver is
> intalled, but the computer doesn't show the station anywhere. I booted
> again, the disc is recognized in the bios, but it isn't shown anywhere
> when the computer started.
> Who can help me with this problem?
>
> Thnx in advance!
>

> --
> RPvD

R. C. White

Re: Vista Home Premium 32 does'nt recognize External Harddisc
Hi, RPvD.

What does Disk Management say about that disk drive? diskmgmt.msc

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"RPvD" <RPvD.3mbwo0@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> When the disc is connected with firewire/usb, the right driver is
> intalled, but the computer doesn't show the station anywhere. I booted
> again, the disc is recognized in the bios, but it isn't shown anywhere
> when the computer started.
> Who can help me with this problem?
>
> Thnx in advance!
>

> --
> RPvD

RPvD is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Vista Home Premium 32 does'nt recognize External Harddisc
Hi, I downloaded this program, but it doesn't recognize the disc either. The disc isn't visible in this program. Do you have other options?
I couldn't find the diskmgmt.msc in Home Premium. Is this a file that has to be in Vista?
Regards, Bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. C. White View Post
Hi, RPvD.

What does Disk Management say about that disk drive? diskmgmt.msc

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@grandecom.net
Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Live Mail 2009 in Win7 Ultimate x64 7000)

"RPvD" <RPvD.3mbwo0@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> When the disc is connected with firewire/usb, the right driver is
> intalled, but the computer doesn't show the station anywhere. I booted
> again, the disc is recognized in the bios, but it isn't shown anywhere
> when the computer started.
> Who can help me with this problem?
>
> Thnx in advance!
>

> --
> RPvD

RPvD is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Vista Home Premium 32 does'nt recognize External Harddisc
Hi RC,

Sorry for my earlier reply. I found diskmgmt.msc and I formatted the disc. Everything is fine now.
Thank's very much for helping me.

Regards, Bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPvD View Post
Hi, I downloaded this program, but it doesn't recognize the disc either. The disc isn't visible in this program. Do you have other options?
I couldn't find the diskmgmt.msc in Home Premium. Is this a file that has to be in Vista?
Regards, Bert
Thomas Wendell

Re: Vista Home Premium 32 does'nt recognize External Harddisc
diskmgmt.msc is a coomand that you put in Start->Run
the other way there should be Start->All Program->Computer
Mangement->Storage->DiskManagement ....

--
Thomas Wendell
Helsinki, Finland

"RPvD" <RPvD.3md6gc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> kirjoitti
viestissń:RPvD.3md6gc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Hi, I downloaded this program, but it doesn't recognize the disc either.
> The disc isn't visible in this program. Do you have other options?
> I couldn't find the diskmgmt.msc in Home Premium. Is this a file that
> has to be in Vista?
> Regards, Bert
>

> R. C. White;1142290 Wrote:
>> Hi, RPvD.
>>
>> What does Disk Management say about that disk drive? diskmgmt.msc
>>
>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> rc@grandecom.net
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>> (Running Windows Live Mail 2009 in Win7 Ultimate x64 7000)
>>
>> "RPvD" <RPvD.3mbwo0@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > When the disc is connected with firewire/usb, the right driver is
>> > intalled, but the computer doesn't show the station anywhere. I

>> booted
>> > again, the disc is recognized in the bios, but it isn't shown

>> anywhere
>> > when the computer started.
>> > Who can help me with this problem?
>> >
>> > Thnx in advance!
>> >

>> > --
>> > RPvD

R. C. White

Re: Vista Home Premium 32 does'nt recognize External Harddisc
Hi, Bert.

You don't need to download anything - and I wonder what you did download and
run. :^{

Disk Management has been built into every Windows version starting with
Windows 2000. It is THE tool for managing hard disk drives - and any other
device that can be assigned a "drive" letter, such as a USB thumb drive or
an SD card reader. As Thomas Wendell said, you can reach it by a series of
mouse clicks. Or, as I should have said, simply press the Windows key and
type in "diskmgmt.msc" and press Enter. By either path, you'll need to
furnish Administrator credentials because, like any other powerful utility,
it can do as much harm as good when not used carefully.

If the Disk Management screen is not self-explanatory, check its Help file.
That Help file is loaded with information about hard disks, but it is
organized as a reference, not a tutorial, so we can't just read it like a
book. And it covers the entire Microsoft Management Console, of which Disk
Management is only a part, so we'll need to use the Index and Contents to
focus on just the parts that we need.

In the Help file, you might start with a search for "foreign disk" or "add a
new disk". (I'm using Win7 and the Help file has been reorganized so now I
don't see what you will see.)

By the way, you are posting via VistaHeads, which simply relays your message
to the Microsoft public newsgroups, hosted on the Microsoft public news
server - and then relays any responses back to VistaHeads so that it looks
like you are getting help that is not otherwise available. If you'd like to
"cut out the middleman" and post directly to this newsgroup, just click
here:

RC