mouse wierdness

jmg

mouse wierdness
hi, on windows and games my mice are very jerky when i move them, and i have
lots of mice including high grade gaming ones and they all do it

i also have to put the sensitivity up massively when playing games, and i
have no idea why (it seems to be way beyond what anyone else uses on vista)

they seem to do it no matter what i put the windows sensitivity/pointer
precision on aswell

under device manager it lists a ps/2 mouse with a exclamation mark next to
it, but there is not a ps/2 mouse installed

is it also possible that my usb files are somehow corrupted? if so is their
any way to repair/re-install them without formatting?

im on windows vista with sp1 and all the latest updates, but it did it
without the service pack and updates aswell

thanks for any help
Malke

Re: mouse wierdness
jmg wrote:

> hi, on windows and games my mice are very jerky when i move them, and i
> have lots of mice including high grade gaming ones and they all do it
>

> i also have to put the sensitivity up massively when playing games, and i
> have no idea why (it seems to be way beyond what anyone else uses on
> vista)
>
> they seem to do it no matter what i put the windows sensitivity/pointer
> precision on aswell
>

> under device manager it lists a ps/2 mouse with a exclamation mark next to
> it, but there is not a ps/2 mouse installed
>
> is it also possible that my usb files are somehow corrupted? if so is
> their any way to repair/re-install them without formatting?
>

> im on windows vista with sp1 and all the latest updates, but it did it
> without the service pack and updates aswell

1. What video card is installed in your system?

2. Do you have a desktop or a laptop? Make/model? Is this a computer you
built yourself or upgraded to Vista? Did you remember to install *all*
drivers - motherboard (chipset), video, etc.?

3. How much RAM (memory) is installed?

4. Is the computer virus/malware-free? If you think so, how did you
determine this?

The First Question Of Troubleshooting: If the problem is new, what changed
between the time things worked and the time they didn't?

The problem may have nothing to do with the mouse. You may be missing
drivers or you may have too many programs running in the background using
up resources. It's impossible to tell without more information from you.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

jmg

Re: mouse wierdness
hi

1) its a Leadtek 8600GTS

2) its a desktop made by Evesham (doesnt exist anymore) and came with vista
installed, but might of been rushed out as they were closing down so dont
know if drivers are correct

3) 4gb, 3.3 showing up on windows

4) have run virus scan with Bullguard software

) is there any drivers i can update that might have something to do with it,
if so which components would be appropiate to look at upgrading

if i uninstall the fake mouse listed under device manager, it re-appears
again, im sure this probably has something to do with it but dont know how to
stop it happening
Curious

Re: mouse wierdness

"jmg" <jmg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> 1) its a Leadtek 8600GTS
>
> 2) its a desktop made by Evesham (doesnt exist anymore) and came with
> vista
> installed, but might of been rushed out as they were closing down so dont
> know if drivers are correct
>
> 3) 4gb, 3.3 showing up on windows
>
> 4) have run virus scan with Bullguard software
>
> ) is there any drivers i can update that might have something to do with
> it,
> if so which components would be appropiate to look at upgrading
>
> if i uninstall the fake mouse listed under device manager, it re-appears
> again, im sure this probably has something to do with it but dont know how
> stop it happening

What resolution at what frequency are you using over what interface to what
resolution display?

jmg

Re: mouse wierdness
1680x1400 at 60Hz, gaming at 800x600 at 75Hz, dvi to viewsonic 2230wm 22inch
widescreen, using fixed aspect ratio for games

> 1680x1400 at 60Hz, gaming at 800x600 at 75Hz, dvi to viewsonic 2230wm
> 22inch
> widescreen, using fixed aspect ratio for games
>
> "Curious" wrote:
>

>> "jmg" <jmg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi
>> >
>> > 1) its a Leadtek 8600GTS
>> >
>> > 2) its a desktop made by Evesham (doesnt exist anymore) and came with
>> > vista
>> > installed, but might of been rushed out as they were closing down so
>> > dont
>> > know if drivers are correct
>> >
>> > 3) 4gb, 3.3 showing up on windows
>> >
>> > 4) have run virus scan with Bullguard software
>> >
>> > ) is there any drivers i can update that might have something to do
>> > with
>> > it,
>> > if so which components would be appropiate to look at upgrading
>> >
>> > if i uninstall the fake mouse listed under device manager, it
>> > re-appears
>> > again, im sure this probably has something to do with it but dont know
>> > how
>> > stop it happening

>> What resolution at what frequency are you using over what interface to
>> what
>> resolution display?

I have the same model display and the native resolution is 1680x1050 not
1680x1400 so you should be using 1680x1050 @60

jmg

Re: mouse wierdness
ah yep thats what i meant