Safely Remove Hardware

t-4-2

Safely Remove Hardware
Hello,
I went to check on my disk space and I saw an item I need someone to explain
to me.
In the past , my computer will show C: drive ( system ), D: drive ( local ),
and DVD RW drive E:
Now I see the 4th, Removable Disk F:
I don't have an ext. HD, so where did that F: drive come from ?
I also notice an icon I never saw before. It's called Safely Remove
Hardware. I clicked on it, and it said Safely Remove USB Mass Storage
Device - Drive (F
Please educate me . Thank you.
t-4-2

peter

Re: Safely Remove Hardware
Does your Printer have a card reader??
peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I went to check on my disk space and I saw an item I need someone to
> explain to me.
> In the past , my computer will show C: drive ( system ), D: drive (
> local ), and DVD RW drive E:
> Now I see the 4th, Removable Disk F:
> I don't have an ext. HD, so where did that F: drive come from ?
> I also notice an icon I never saw before. It's called Safely Remove
> Hardware. I clicked on it, and it said Safely Remove USB Mass Storage
> Device - Drive (F
> Please educate me . Thank you.
> t-4-2

t-4-2

Re: Safely Remove Hardware
My printer is a Dell Photo 926 which I bought with my Dell laptop. I
installed it with a software which came with the printer. That's all I know.
I don't know what is a card reader.
Additional note : I did replaced it with a different printer which got fried
during a power outage. I then re-installed the 926.
Oh. I did a few download of pictures from my digital camera.
That's all I can tell you. Thank you.
t-4-2

"peter" <peter@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Does your Printer have a card reader??
> peter
>
> --
> If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
> or disruptive,please ignore it.
> If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
> to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
>
> "t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I went to check on my disk space and I saw an item I need someone to
>> explain to me.
>> In the past , my computer will show C: drive ( system ), D: drive (
>> local ), and DVD RW drive E:
>> Now I see the 4th, Removable Disk F:
>> I don't have an ext. HD, so where did that F: drive come from ?
>> I also notice an icon I never saw before. It's called Safely Remove
>> Hardware. I clicked on it, and it said Safely Remove USB Mass Storage
>> Device - Drive (F
>> Please educate me . Thank you.
>> t-4-2

Rob Talley

Re: Safely Remove Hardware
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:15:39 -0500, "t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote:

>My printer is a Dell Photo 926 which I bought with my Dell laptop. I
>installed it with a software which came with the printer. That's all I know.
>I don't know what is a card reader.

Do you take the memory card out of your camera and insert it into a
slot on the printer? CAN you if you had one (a memory card)?

If either answer is yes, the printer has a card reader.

>Additional note : I did replaced it with a different printer which got fried
>during a power outage. I then re-installed the 926.
>Oh. I did a few download of pictures from my digital camera.
>That's all I can tell you. Thank you.
>t-4-2
>
>"peter" <peter@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> Does your Printer have a card reader??
>> peter
>>
>> --
>> If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
>> or disruptive,please ignore it.
>> If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
>> to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
>>
>> "t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>> I went to check on my disk space and I saw an item I need someone to
>>> explain to me.
>>> In the past , my computer will show C: drive ( system ), D: drive (
>>> local ), and DVD RW drive E:
>>> Now I see the 4th, Removable Disk F:
>>> I don't have an ext. HD, so where did that F: drive come from ?
>>> I also notice an icon I never saw before. It's called Safely Remove
>>> Hardware. I clicked on it, and it said Safely Remove USB Mass Storage
>>> Device - Drive (F
>>> Please educate me . Thank you.
>>> t-4-2

t-4-2

Re: Safely Remove Hardware
My printer has a Pic Bridge slot, a SD/MS/xD/MMC slot and a CF slot.
I never inserted the camera's memory card into the printer. I downloaded the
pictures directly from my camera to my laptop via the USB cable which came
with the camera. Thank you.
t-4-2

"Rob Talley" <rjtalley@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
newskvsm4divun73t8i9is6i01uljong7n19h@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:15:39 -0500, "t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>>My printer is a Dell Photo 926 which I bought with my Dell laptop. I
>>installed it with a software which came with the printer. That's all I
>>know.
>>I don't know what is a card reader.

> Do you take the memory card out of your camera and insert it into a
> slot on the printer? CAN you if you had one (a memory card)?
>
> If either answer is yes, the printer has a card reader.
>

>>Additional note : I did replaced it with a different printer which got
>>fried
>>during a power outage. I then re-installed the 926.
>>Oh. I did a few download of pictures from my digital camera.
>>That's all I can tell you. Thank you.
>>t-4-2
>>
>>"peter" <peter@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>> Does your Printer have a card reader??
>>> peter
>>>
>>> --
>>> If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
>>> or disruptive,please ignore it.
>>> If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
>>> to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)

peter

Re: Safely Remove Hardware
That PicBridge Slot is whats showing up as a drive...F in your case

> My printer has a Pic Bridge slot, a SD/MS/xD/MMC slot and a CF slot.
> I never inserted the camera's memory card into the printer. I downloaded
> the pictures directly from my camera to my laptop via the USB cable which
> came with the camera. Thank you.
> t-4-2
>
> "Rob Talley" <rjtalley@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> newskvsm4divun73t8i9is6i01uljong7n19h@4ax.com...
>> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:15:39 -0500, "t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>>
>>>My printer is a Dell Photo 926 which I bought with my Dell laptop. I
>>>installed it with a software which came with the printer. That's all I
>>>know.
>>>I don't know what is a card reader.

>> Do you take the memory card out of your camera and insert it into a
>> slot on the printer? CAN you if you had one (a memory card)?
>>
>> If either answer is yes, the printer has a card reader.
>>

>>>Additional note : I did replaced it with a different printer which got
>>>fried
>>>during a power outage. I then re-installed the 926.
>>>Oh. I did a few download of pictures from my digital camera.
>>>That's all I can tell you. Thank you.
>>>t-4-2

t-4-2

Re: Safely Remove Hardware
OK, thank you.
Still a puzzlement : when I installed the printer , it was Dec. 2007. I made
regular check of disk space by clicking Computer. I did not see the F drive
until a week ago. ??? Thank you.

> That PicBridge Slot is whats showing up as a drive...F in your case
> peter
>
> --
> If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
> or disruptive,please ignore it.
> If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
> to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
>
> "t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>> My printer has a Pic Bridge slot, a SD/MS/xD/MMC slot and a CF slot.
>> I never inserted the camera's memory card into the printer. I downloaded
>> the pictures directly from my camera to my laptop via the USB cable which
>> came with the camera. Thank you.
>> t-4-2
>>
>> "Rob Talley" <rjtalley@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> newskvsm4divun73t8i9is6i01uljong7n19h@4ax.com...

>>> Do you take the memory card out of your camera and insert it into a
>>> slot on the printer? CAN you if you had one (a memory card)?
>>>
>>> If either answer is yes, the printer has a card reader.

John

Re: Safely Remove Hardware
Maybe it's the UBS camera connection. The camera has the memory card so it
might appear as the removable storage. After you disconnect the camera USB
connection, try Scanning for Hardware changes in Device Manager and then see
if the drive has disappeared from My Computer.