reboot and select proper boot device

ineedhelp92688

reboot and select proper boot device

I recently built a computer with a MSI K9A2 CF-F motherboard. The
hardrive is completely new and clean. I need to install vista on it.
However, the computer won't boot from the bootable dvd. It shows the
message "Reboot and select proper boot device." I tried to boot from an
Ubuntu live dvd, but that didn't work either. Could it be because my dvd
drive isn't compatible with my mother board?????? It worked on the
computer I salvaged it from.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

--
ineedhelp92688
Richard Urban

Re: reboot and select proper boot device
You must enter the bios and change the boot order so that the computer looks
first to the CD/DVD and then to the hard drive.

It may be that way now! If it is, you may see (for only a second or two) a
message that states something similar to: PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD/DVD.
If you don't comply the computer will pass through and boot from the hard
drive.

"ineedhelp92688" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I recently built a computer with a MSI K9A2 CF-F motherboard. The
> hardrive is completely new and clean. I need to install vista on it.
> However, the computer won't boot from the bootable dvd. It shows the
> message "Reboot and select proper boot device." I tried to boot from an
> Ubuntu live dvd, but that didn't work either. Could it be because my dvd
> drive isn't compatible with my mother board?????? It worked on the
> computer I salvaged it from.
> Please help!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> --
> ineedhelp92688

DL

Re: reboot and select proper boot device
You may have to set your boot device/order in the bios, or it could simply
be that you connected the mobo incorrectly

"ineedhelp92688" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I recently built a computer with a MSI K9A2 CF-F motherboard. The
> hardrive is completely new and clean. I need to install vista on it.
> However, the computer won't boot from the bootable dvd. It shows the
> message "Reboot and select proper boot device." I tried to boot from an
> Ubuntu live dvd, but that didn't work either. Could it be because my dvd
> drive isn't compatible with my mother board?????? It worked on the
> computer I salvaged it from.
> Please help!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> --
> ineedhelp92688

randallrivy11

Re: reboot and select proper boot device

put the harddrive n charge vista ha s all the drivers for most
harddrives

--
randallrivy11
ineedhelp92688

Re: reboot and select proper boot device

Poblem solved!!! Amazing how technology can be foiled by the lack of
power!!!

--
ineedhelp92688
randallrivy11

Re: reboot and select proper boot device

yeah the harddrive wasnt n charge was it

--
randallrivy11