problem with optical drive

bossmayank619

problem with optical drive

hi i have a hp dv 6137tx and optical drive not burning dvd but reading
it properly.
when i try to burn a dvd using nero 8 i get error invalid block address
and it fails and eject the disc blank. i uninstalled reinstalled norton
no go same thing . i used nero clean up utility and installed deep
burner no go fails as well and eject the dvd blank in 10 sec . created
dual boot with xp and installed only drivers after xp no other app other
then nero 8 get exact same error . i tried finding a firmware update on
manufacturer website not avaialable . contacted hp no firmaware update
with them as well . have the latest bios version as per hp website .

so after all this i think it is optical drive gone bad but hp still
want to do a operating system resintall before replacing the drive. do
you think that will help or hp is just trying a thing thats not gone
work and i will go through a hassle for redoing my system for nothing.
or is there anything else anyone would suggest i can try to fix this .

--
bossmayank619

BM619
! DEVIL !
Rick Rogers

Re: problem with optical drive
Sounds like a faulty drive. Creating the dual boot with XP and having it
fail there under the clean install proves that it's not the existing
installation.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/