Monitor won't sleep

captfbgnet

Monitor won't sleep
SECOND POST: Hoping for an answer...

All worked well until I upgraded to the EVGA 9500GT 512 mb Nvidia card and
latest nvida drivers. No problems with card or software install (other than
a quick message about hibernation not working or something similar). All
power options checked and rechecked and also advanced power settings checked
and rechecked. Have re-installed monitor and updated Nvidia software since
initial install and also tried a second DVI port on the card. No help. Also,
under Device Manager/Action I uninstalled (not deleted) driver then did a
'check for hardware changes' hoping to refresh (find) the driver (?) issue.
No joy. Also, SFC scan found no problems.

The monitor error box comes on at the initial 'sleep stage' saying "no power
connection, check for loose cables, etc." If I immediately cut the power off
to the monitor, then on again it detects the sleep stage and immediately
goes into that state and awakes properly on the movement of the mouse or
keyboard. An annoyance or screen burn issue if I forget to cut power to
monitor when I finish. Finger pointing is the name of the game when I call
EVGA, Nvidia and LG (monitor)

Anyone of you experts have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Vista 32bit w/SP1
Dell XPS 410
LG 28" HG281D Monitor
4GB memory

--

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
If you seek happiness it will find you. It looks small as you gently hold it

Rabbit

Re: Monitor won't sleep
Substitute monitor. Substitute video card. Use older drivers.

Troubleshoot the system!

"captfbgnet" <captfbgnet@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> SECOND POST: Hoping for an answer...
>
> All worked well until I upgraded to the EVGA 9500GT 512 mb Nvidia card and
> latest nvida drivers. No problems with card or software install (other
> than a quick message about hibernation not working or something similar).
> All power options checked and rechecked and also advanced power settings
> checked and rechecked. Have re-installed monitor and updated Nvidia
> software since initial install and also tried a second DVI port on the
> card. No help. Also, under Device Manager/Action I uninstalled (not
> deleted) driver then did a 'check for hardware changes' hoping to refresh
> (find) the driver (?) issue. No joy. Also, SFC scan found no problems.
>
> The monitor error box comes on at the initial 'sleep stage' saying "no
> power connection, check for loose cables, etc." If I immediately cut the
> power off to the monitor, then on again it detects the sleep stage and
> immediately goes into that state and awakes properly on the movement of
> the mouse or keyboard. An annoyance or screen burn issue if I forget to
> cut power to monitor when I finish. Finger pointing is the name of the
> game when I call EVGA, Nvidia and LG (monitor)
>
> Anyone of you experts have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
>
> Vista 32bit w/SP1
> Dell XPS 410
> LG 28" HG281D Monitor
> 4GB memory
>
> --
>
> __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
> If you seek happiness it will find you. It looks small as you gently hold
> it in your hands, but let it go and you learn at once how big and precious
> it is.

captfbgnet is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Monitor won't sleep
[quote=captfbgnet;1126599]SECOND POST: Hoping for an answer...

[...]

28" HANNS-G HG281D Monitor
4GB memory

--
Here is the answer:

Fix for Hanns-G 28″ Monitor and NVidia GPU Sleep Mode Problem « In My Travels

Apparently when one updates Nvida software and or card and when using the HDMI connection, the monitor thinks it is attached to HDTV NOT HDMI and thus the problem. The 'script' worked perfectly for me and after nearly a year, I have the fix. Hope others with the same monitor will be helped.