Needed any 64 bit apps

russmeister

Needed any 64 bit apps

I have a brand new HP 9700 running Vista Home Premium 64. i am having
alot of issues finding compatable AV,AS<AM, and system tools like reg
defrag, reg cleaners. On my old machine i have Sys Mechanic Pro HD
Sentinel and others and all seems to only support 32 bit. i have looked
at stores and the boxes never specify so i went ahead and purchased Sys
Mech Pro 8 and it was not 64 compat. Now its non returnable. So anyone
with any names of good softs, games included, apps, tools. that are 64
compatable. i would appreciate it. Dunno if its me but i have tried 3 AV
none would work on htis OS

--
russmeister
DL

Re: Needed any 64 bit apps
The only tool you need is an AV, things such as reg cleaners/ sys
maintenance utilities will only cause you grief

"russmeister" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have a brand new HP 9700 running Vista Home Premium 64. i am having
> alot of issues finding compatable AV,AS<AM, and system tools like reg
> defrag, reg cleaners. On my old machine i have Sys Mechanic Pro HD
> Sentinel and others and all seems to only support 32 bit. i have looked
> at stores and the boxes never specify so i went ahead and purchased Sys
> Mech Pro 8 and it was not 64 compat. Now its non returnable. So anyone
> with any names of good softs, games included, apps, tools. that are 64
> compatable. i would appreciate it. Dunno if its me but i have tried 3 AV
> none would work on htis OS
>

> --
> russmeister

Rick Rogers

Re: Needed any 64 bit apps
Hi,

64-bit compatible AV, AS, AM:

http://free.avg.com
http://www.eset.com/

Do not waste any money on snake oil. That would include reg cleaners, reg
defrag, and any other drive/registry maintenance tool. At best, they do
nothing. At worst, they remove essential system entries causing instability
or crashes, and sometimes irreversible damage necessitating reinstalling.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"russmeister" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have a brand new HP 9700 running Vista Home Premium 64. i am having
> alot of issues finding compatable AV,AS<AM, and system tools like reg
> defrag, reg cleaners. On my old machine i have Sys Mechanic Pro HD
> Sentinel and others and all seems to only support 32 bit. i have looked
> at stores and the boxes never specify so i went ahead and purchased Sys
> Mech Pro 8 and it was not 64 compat. Now its non returnable. So anyone
> with any names of good softs, games included, apps, tools. that are 64
> compatable. i would appreciate it. Dunno if its me but i have tried 3 AV
> none would work on htis OS
>

> --
> russmeister

kg4icg

Re: Needed any 64 bit apps

tuneup utilities 2009 works great on 64 bit vista. I use it all the time

--
kg4icg
MRGRIM

Re: Needed any 64 bit apps

try lookin at these programs at auslogics

'www.*auslogics*.com' (http://www.auslogics.com)

they are free and work a treat

--
MRGRIM
russmeister

Re: Needed any 64 bit apps

Thank you all. i noticed i posted late last nihgt and al ready my post
is on page 4. it appears as though i am not the only 1 having vista
questions.

--
russmeister
russmeister

Re: Needed any 64 bit apps

You are right they can be but i find i run bettter with a clean
registry. however i have used reg cleaners and defraggers that ran in
the background. I ended up with broken shortcuts and things not
running. But i hear so much aboout having a red error can cause issues
but is this just "Hype" to sell softs or is it true. It's like i can
clean my machine then run some freebie scanner and it will find 40
errors right after cleaning. Its like some softs "create" errors to sell
softs

--
russmeister
MRGRIM

Re: Needed any 64 bit apps

RUSS

your spot on re they are just tryin to sell software its due to the
consumer thinks they are good due to finding alll these thigs wrong ive
proven this in the past as a program after scan told me of so called
errors and then i went lookin myself they where never on the pc to start
with ..well thats my 2cents worth...

--
MRGRIM