Acer Orbicam

Barry

Acer Orbicam
Hi
Has anyone got an Acer Aspire 5100 with the built in orbicam and managed to
get it working with Vista Home Premium??

Have tried all the upgrade drivers and applications from the Acer website to
no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Markus

Re: Acer Orbicam
"Barry" <barry@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> Has anyone got an Acer Aspire 5100 with the built in orbicam and managed
> to get it working with Vista Home Premium??
>
> Have tried all the upgrade drivers and applications from the Acer website
> to no avail.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

That is hard to believe. My Acer Aspire 5100 was delivered with Vista
preinstalled and even after a manual reinstall of windows the cam worked
without any problem, even with the built in MS usb2.0 camera driver .
Perhaps broken hardware on your end?

james

Re: Acer Orbicam
we have that our orbicam does not work when we have photos saved

"Markus" wrote:

> "Barry" <barry@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > Has anyone got an Acer Aspire 5100 with the built in orbicam and managed
> > to get it working with Vista Home Premium??
> >
> > Have tried all the upgrade drivers and applications from the Acer website
> > to no avail.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.

> That is hard to believe. My Acer Aspire 5100 was delivered with Vista
> preinstalled and even after a manual reinstall of windows the cam worked
> without any problem, even with the built in MS usb2.0 camera driver .
> Perhaps broken hardware on your end?

Sean

RE: Acer Orbicam
Thought i had the same problem, as the orbicam application did not work after
vista upgrade. However the actual camera does work with Windows Live
Messenger & Skype which is ok for me. Not sure how this can help but thought
I would share.

"Barry" wrote:

> Hi
> Has anyone got an Acer Aspire 5100 with the built in orbicam and managed to
> get it working with Vista Home Premium??
>
> Have tried all the upgrade drivers and applications from the Acer website to
> no avail.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

StephenB

Re: Acer Orbicam
Sean <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thought i had the same problem, as the orbicam application did not work after
>vista upgrade. However the actual camera does work with Windows Live
>Messenger & Skype which is ok for me. Not sure how this can help but thought
>I would share.

That's the same situation I'm in with an Aspire 5670. Not a big deal for me,
though, so I haven't pursued the latest Acer patches.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
koze

Re: Acer Orbicam
Place a support request at the acer website as I did, the control for the
webcam is working the manegement console with the settings will not start.

A few more support requests may let them act a bit quicker.

Ko
"StephenB" <sboots@mvps.org> schreef in bericht
newsh3283thkfrjd1sqm3fil7tnoe57m6ftj2@4ax.com...
> Sean <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Thought i had the same problem, as the orbicam application did not work
>>after
>>vista upgrade. However the actual camera does work with Windows Live
>>Messenger & Skype which is ok for me. Not sure how this can help but
>>thought
>>I would share.

> That's the same situation I'm in with an Aspire 5670. Not a big deal for
> me,
> though, so I haven't pursued the latest Acer patches.
> -steve
> --
> Stephen Boots
> MVP Windows Live
> Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
> sboots@mvps.org

peter

Re: Acer Orbicam
Acer 9300 here and running the Bison drivers ver 6.32.0.4.
Camera works under Vista............but I had to download the drivers from
Acer and it took 3 tries to get them to work.
I uninstalled the Camera and the drivers each time and finally something
clicked.
peter
"StephenB" <sboots@mvps.org> wrote in message
newsh3283thkfrjd1sqm3fil7tnoe57m6ftj2@4ax.com...
> Sean <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Thought i had the same problem, as the orbicam application did not work
>>after
>>vista upgrade. However the actual camera does work with Windows Live
>>Messenger & Skype which is ok for me. Not sure how this can help but
>>thought
>>I would share.

> That's the same situation I'm in with an Aspire 5670. Not a big deal for
> me,
> though, so I haven't pursued the latest Acer patches.
> -steve
> --
> Stephen Boots
> MVP Windows Live
> Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
> sboots@mvps.org

ANDY BENAGLIA

Re: Acer Orbicam
Had exactely the same problem with my Acer9420. Camera light goes but no
image shown. With Skype and Messenger works great, it's a driver problem and
waiting for a fix.

Andy
"Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thought i had the same problem, as the orbicam application did not work
> after
> vista upgrade. However the actual camera does work with Windows Live
> Messenger & Skype which is ok for me. Not sure how this can help but
> thought
> I would share.
>
> "Barry" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Has anyone got an Acer Aspire 5100 with the built in orbicam and managed
>> get it working with Vista Home Premium??
>>
>> Have tried all the upgrade drivers and applications from the Acer website
>> no avail.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.

krueger

Re: Acer Orbicam
My camera worked before i installed vista but then when i did my camera
stopped working the progrma comes up but my camera light does not turn on and
any help would be apprecatied

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Acer Orbicam
The Versiontracker listing for drivers for this camera list Vista drivers.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/129737