red circle with slash on cd player

was_one

red circle with slash on cd player
i have a red circle with a slash in it on my cd/dvd player.It wont play any
thing the device driver and hardware say it is working . i have deleted it
and reinstalled it i have tried to go back several days to reboot my old
versions no help or change. i am using vista software on an acer lap top. i
have no parent control set up i have no locks that i know of set up. i have
gone through vista help no solutions. I have had updates loaded in the last
couple of days HELP, going on a boat trip for forty days this my soulway of
watching movies or music
PvdG42

Re: red circle with slash on cd player

"was_one" <was_one@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
>i have a red circle with a slash in it on my cd/dvd player.It wont play any
> thing the device driver and hardware say it is working . i have deleted it
> and reinstalled it i have tried to go back several days to reboot my old
> versions no help or change. i am using vista software on an acer lap top.
> have no parent control set up i have no locks that i know of set up. i
> have
> gone through vista help no solutions. I have had updates loaded in the
> last
> couple of days HELP, going on a boat trip for forty days this my soulway
> of
> watching movies or music

Google and other search engines are your friends. Start here and try the
many solutions...

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...e arch+Groups

was_one

Re: red circle with slash on cd player
If I boot in safe mode the player is usable. I also tried saving to a usb
drive and wa unable to. The drives are recognised by the system but there is
something preventing them from being used. the USB error stated it was in
use by another computer?
I do not believe this is a hardware or driver issue. As when I roll back to
a previously known good configuration the device still has a circle with a
slash thru it.

Is there a security setting that would disable the read write ability to a
drive?

"PvdG42" wrote:

> "was_one" <was_one@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> >i have a red circle with a slash in it on my cd/dvd player.It wont play any
> > thing the device driver and hardware say it is working . i have deleted it
> > and reinstalled it i have tried to go back several days to reboot my old
> > versions no help or change. i am using vista software on an acer lap top.
> > have no parent control set up i have no locks that i know of set up. i
> > have
> > gone through vista help no solutions. I have had updates loaded in the
> > last
> > couple of days HELP, going on a boat trip for forty days this my soulway
> > of
> > watching movies or music

> Google and other search engines are your friends. Start here and try the
> many solutions...
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...e arch+Groups

jerrycwo4

Re: red circle with slash on cd player

The only way I could join the forum is to say that I was using VISTA,
which is NOT true. I am using Windows XP Pro and I have the "Icon" of a
red circle with a slash thru it on all of my local disc harddrives, CD
and DVD players. I just noticed this a few days ago. Sometimes my CD and
DVD "burners" burn OK and other times I get messages like: redunduncy
error, or TS-H492C (Illegal Mode for this track). Can anyone give me
info on these errors? Thanks Jerry

--
jerrycwo4
R. C. White

Re: red circle with slash on cd player
Hi, Jerry.

Why "join the forum" at all? It simply relayed your question via the
"vBulletin USENET gateway" to the Microsoft public news server and is
relaying my Reply back to you. Why don't you "cut out the middleman" and
post directly to the Microsoft newsgroup yourself? Then your messages won't
be delayed, delivered out of sequence, or just plain lost in transmission.
And you can connect directly to any of the many WinXP newsgroups. (I see
about 150 NGs in several languages, including about 30 in English.)

Click here:

or, better yet, here:

That one click will:
1. Start your newsreader (Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail - or
other);
2. Create a News Account for you on the Microsoft public news server,
which is free and does not require you to log in;
3. Connect you to this Vista hardware newsgroup OR to the WinXP hardware
newsgroup;
4. Download the 300 latest messages; and
5. Display the newest message in the Preview Pane for you to read.

You should be able to find your question and THIS post there. You may find
other replies to your question by that time. After a day or two of
familiarization with the OE or WLM interface, you can click Tools | Options
and customize it in many ways to suit yourself.

I won't try to answer your question here, Jerry. Your best approach would
be to ask the question again in the WinXP hardware NG.

Good luck. ;<)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"jerrycwo4" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> The only way I could join the forum is to say that I was using VISTA,
> which is NOT true. I am using Windows XP Pro and I have the "Icon" of a
> red circle with a slash thru it on all of my local disc harddrives, CD
> and DVD players. I just noticed this a few days ago. Sometimes my CD and
> DVD "burners" burn OK and other times I get messages like: redunduncy
> error, or TS-H492C (Illegal Mode for this track). Can anyone give me
> info on these errors? Thanks Jerry
>

> --
> jerrycwo4

Nortel to slash more jobs after US$3.4bn loss Steve Security News 0 11-11-2008 04:00
Sprint to slash 4,000 jobs after subscriber losses Steve General Technology News 0 01-18-2008 17:10
Grouping by Artists with slash in artist name Gadgetchannel microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 12-01-2007 19:33
Clash N Slash 1.20 Gamer Games Feed 0 07-09-2007 09:22
Clash N Slash 1.0 Gamer Games Feed 0 06-15-2007 21:34