Device driver software was not successfully installed

Dave

Device driver software was not successfully installed
My LITE-ON DVD SHD-16P1S ATA Device failed to install the driver software. I
was told by Sony to unistall the driver and then re-boot my computer as it is
a plug-and-play device. I also have another DVD ROM driver that is not even
showing up under my device manager window. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Rick Rogers

Re: Device driver software was not successfully installed
Hi,

Follow the steps outlined here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> My LITE-ON DVD SHD-16P1S ATA Device failed to install the driver software.
> was told by Sony to unistall the driver and then re-boot my computer as it
> is
> a plug-and-play device. I also have another DVD ROM driver that is not
> even
> showing up under my device manager window. Any help is greatly
> appreciated!

Narendrabhadoria

Re: Device driver software was not successfully installed

please say how to install the realteack software......
God bless u...

--
Narendrabhadoria
Narendrabhadoria's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/narendrabhadoria.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Bluey

Rick Rogers;3948797 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Follow the steps outlined here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

Hi there Rick. I don't know if your still an active member of this
forums but I just joined to say thank-you to you

There is a lot of crap on the net concerning this problem and you was
the only person I have seen post a link that was actually useful.

I went to that link and fallowed the intrusions microsoft gave and it
fix my problem.

Your a star an Ulla go far Nice one buddy...

--
Bluey
Bluey's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/bluey.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1029314.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

DDW

Re: Device driver software was not successfully installed
On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:11:48 +0530, Bluey <Bluey.3hqjfc@DoNotSpam.com>
wrote:

>Rick Rogers;3948797 Wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Follow the steps outlined here:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461
>>

>Hi there Rick. I don't know if your still an active member of this
>forums but I just joined to say thank-you to you

Look again. Rick is NOT an "active member", he's a GUEST.

That crappy gateway/board sucks up most of its posts from Microsoft
servers where Rick IS an active member.

DDW
No email please
Bluey

DDW;4041487 Wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:11:48 +0530, Bluey <Bluey.3hqjfc@DoNotSpam.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Rick Rogers;3948797 Wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Follow the steps outlined here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461
> >>

> >Hi there Rick. I don't know if your still an active member of this
> >forums but I just joined to say thank-you to you

> Look again. Rick is NOT an "active member", he's a GUEST.
>
> That crappy gateway/board sucks up most of its posts from Microsoft
> servers where Rick IS an active member.
>
> DDW
> No email please

hah, Ye I did notice that after I had posted lol. Well am all like MR
thankful If you know Rick then could you please say a Thank you to
him from me.

I think at some point I well have a look around this place. Looks
pretty interesting.

--
Bluey
Bluey's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/bluey.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1029314.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

cosmanmr

Re: Device driver software was not successfully installed

I had the same issue on a Windows Server 2008 R2 box. I was having
issues w/an external DVD-RW driver because my box was 2008 64bit. I
decided to wack out the driver so I would stop getting the constant
error/reminder. When I did that I lost function of my box's internal
DVD drive as well.....
Couldn't find anything that worked until I found the link to Microsoft
that shows the registry steps required to wack out a couple entries....
I rebooted and now everything works perfect! Thanks

--
cosmanmr