BSOD

EC

BSOD
Hi there,
My board is ASUS P5K with 2 GB of RAM. Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit,
core 2 duo E6750 CPU. Recenly, I added 2 more GB of RAM and at the same time
I newly installed the Flight Simulator X (deluxe edition). The nightmare
begins... I got Blue Sreen of Death (BSOD) several times daily even I didn't
play the FSX. Please help.
EC
Nonny

Re: BSOD
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:30:00 -0700, EC <EC@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi there,
>My board is ASUS P5K with 2 GB of RAM. Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit,
>core 2 duo E6750 CPU. Recenly, I added 2 more GB of RAM and at the same time
>I newly installed the Flight Simulator X (deluxe edition). The nightmare
>begins... I got Blue Sreen of Death (BSOD) several times daily even I didn't
>play the FSX. Please help.

Taike out the new RAM and see if it stops.
Charlie Tame

Re: BSOD
EC wrote:
> Hi there,
> My board is ASUS P5K with 2 GB of RAM. Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit,
> core 2 duo E6750 CPU. Recenly, I added 2 more GB of RAM and at the same time
> I newly installed the Flight Simulator X (deluxe edition). The nightmare
> begins... I got Blue Sreen of Death (BSOD) several times daily even I didn't
> play the FSX. Please help.
> EC

RAM must be the same, that more or less means exactly the same, don't
buy from a big store unless you buy all together as mostly they have no
idea what they are talking about. Ideally you want to order a matched
set, but usually buying all at the same time is close enough. Take out
one set of 2GB and see what happens.
Bender

Re: BSOD
I have an ASUS P5K SE with two sticks of 2 GB ram for a total of 4GB running
both Vista Ultimate x64 and Windows XP Pro.
I never see a BSOD. The processor is a Pentium D Dual core.

"EC" <EC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> My board is ASUS P5K with 2 GB of RAM. Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit,
> core 2 duo E6750 CPU. Recenly, I added 2 more GB of RAM and at the same
> time
> I newly installed the Flight Simulator X (deluxe edition). The nightmare
> begins... I got Blue Sreen of Death (BSOD) several times daily even I
> didn't
> play the FSX. Please help.
> EC

Colin Barnhorst

Re: BSOD
I have the P5K-E running 4x2GB (8GB) with no issues at all.

"Bender" <imnotgivingmynametoa@machine.net> wrote in message
>I have an ASUS P5K SE with two sticks of 2 GB ram for a total of 4GB
>running both Vista Ultimate x64 and Windows XP Pro.
> I never see a BSOD. The processor is a Pentium D Dual core.
>
> "EC" <EC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>> My board is ASUS P5K with 2 GB of RAM. Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit,
>> core 2 duo E6750 CPU. Recenly, I added 2 more GB of RAM and at the same
>> time
>> I newly installed the Flight Simulator X (deluxe edition). The nightmare
>> begins... I got Blue Sreen of Death (BSOD) several times daily even I
>> didn't
>> play the FSX. Please help.
>> EC

EC

Re: BSOD
Thanks for the advice. After removal of 2 x 1 GB of RAM, it seems working
fine till now. Well, 4 sticks of 1 GB of RAM are same brand and model. Still
don't know why system crashed with 4 GB of RAM on board. Is it related to
32-bit OS???