Memory Stick Slot

lisarace

Memory Stick Slot
I have a sony computer,and a sony camera. I usually use the USB cable to put
pictures onto my computer but decided to use my Memory Stick adaptor that
came with my comera. When I put it into the memory stick slot the access
media light does not come on and it tells me to insert a memory disk into the
memory disk E. For some reason it is not detecting it at all. Why is this?
It's all compatable. Thanks.
dgmacmi

Re: Memory Stick Slot
"lisarace" <lisarace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a sony computer,and a sony camera. I usually use the USB cable to
>put
> pictures onto my computer but decided to use my Memory Stick adaptor that
> came with my comera. When I put it into the memory stick slot the access
> media light does not come on and it tells me to insert a memory disk into
> the
> memory disk E. For some reason it is not detecting it at all. Why is this?
> It's all compatable. Thanks.

In Device Manager check the properties of the Memory Stick Controller to
verify that it is operating properly. If you do not see one, look under IDE
ATA/ATAPI controllers.

Try a new, used, Memory Stick in your computer. The camera adaptor may have
damaged the one you have been using.

Don

lisarace

Re: Memory Stick Slot
Thanks Don. have a great day I will try that.

"dgmacmi<>" wrote:

> "lisarace" <lisarace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a sony computer,and a sony camera. I usually use the USB cable to
> >put
> > pictures onto my computer but decided to use my Memory Stick adaptor that
> > came with my comera. When I put it into the memory stick slot the access
> > media light does not come on and it tells me to insert a memory disk into
> > the
> > memory disk E. For some reason it is not detecting it at all. Why is this?
> > It's all compatable. Thanks.

> In Device Manager check the properties of the Memory Stick Controller to
> verify that it is operating properly. If you do not see one, look under IDE
> ATA/ATAPI controllers.
>
> Try a new, used, Memory Stick in your computer. The camera adaptor may have
> damaged the one you have been using.
>
> Don

Curious

Re: Memory Stick Slot
Also consider the fact that your memory stick may not be formatted with a
Windows compatible format by your camera unless you specifically selected
the option.