My HP webcam software disappeared after Vista upgrade

Brightbelt

My HP webcam software disappeared after Vista upgrade
Hi,
I hope I'm in the right forum. I'm on an HP dv9030us Pavilion Laptop that
has a built-in webcam. (specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.67 gHz; 2 gb of ram; 2
internal hard drives)

I just did an upgrade to Vista Home Prem 32-bit and somewhere along the way,
my 'HP Webcam' software disappeared. This is the actual software which
allows me to make a webcam video or a video for emailing.

An (apparently) empty folder icon replaced the real webcam icon I had on my
desktop. There is a real webcam icon on the task bar but it just displays a
little menu (on/off/50 Hz/60 Hz/exit) and nothing happens there.

Here's What I've ALREADY tried:
- disabling/re-enabling the webcam in the Device Manager;
- Un-Installing the webcam in the Device Manager and restarting the
computer, thus allowing Vista to re-install the driver(s);
- Re-Installing the Vista-compatible driver from the HP website;
- Installing the 'Webcam Recording Software Patch' from the HP website;
- Putting the laptop in Sleep Mode and waking the computer;
- Checking Programs & Features and sure enough, the program is still listed
there;
- Right-Clicking the desktop icon and changing permissions to 'Co-Owner'.

I'm not sure what else to try. I do appreciate any help on this matter. And
also, I used the Webcam Demo program to make sure the hardware itself is ok
and the webcam does work fine.

Many Thanks, Frank B.

Hopefully Helpful

RE: My HP webcam software disappeared after Vista upgrade

"Brightbelt" wrote:

> Hi,
> I hope I'm in the right forum. I'm on an HP dv9030us Pavilion Laptop that
> has a built-in webcam. (specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.67 gHz; 2 gb of ram; 2
> internal hard drives)
>
> I just did an upgrade to Vista Home Prem 32-bit and somewhere along the way,
> my 'HP Webcam' software disappeared. This is the actual software which
> allows me to make a webcam video or a video for emailing.
>
> An (apparently) empty folder icon replaced the real webcam icon I had on my
> desktop. There is a real webcam icon on the task bar but it just displays a
> little menu (on/off/50 Hz/60 Hz/exit) and nothing happens there.
>
> Here's What I've ALREADY tried:
> - disabling/re-enabling the webcam in the Device Manager;
> - Un-Installing the webcam in the Device Manager and restarting the
> computer, thus allowing Vista to re-install the driver(s);
> - Re-Installing the Vista-compatible driver from the HP website;
> - Installing the 'Webcam Recording Software Patch' from the HP website;
> - Putting the laptop in Sleep Mode and waking the computer;
> - Checking Programs & Features and sure enough, the program is still listed
> there;
> - Right-Clicking the desktop icon and changing permissions to 'Co-Owner'.
>
> I'm not sure what else to try. I do appreciate any help on this matter. And
> also, I used the Webcam Demo program to make sure the hardware itself is ok
> and the webcam does work fine.
>
> Many Thanks, Frank B.

Hopefully Helpful

RE: My HP webcam software disappeared after Vista upgrade
This is where I found my solution:

http://www.greghughes.net/rant/MyHPP...ersNoLess.aspx

What I also had to do was uninstall my current driver; install the Acer
Driver; roboot; and in IM enable "HP Webcam" intead of the software version
provded.

The software provided with the notebook then worked. I have a 64 bit Vista
HP dv2000 and it worked on this, too.

Brightbelt" wrote:

> Hi,
> I hope I'm in the right forum. I'm on an HP dv9030us Pavilion Laptop that
> has a built-in webcam. (specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.67 gHz; 2 gb of ram; 2
> internal hard drives)
>
> I just did an upgrade to Vista Home Prem 32-bit and somewhere along the way,
> my 'HP Webcam' software disappeared. This is the actual software which
> allows me to make a webcam video or a video for emailing.
>
> An (apparently) empty folder icon replaced the real webcam icon I had on my
> desktop. There is a real webcam icon on the task bar but it just displays a
> little menu (on/off/50 Hz/60 Hz/exit) and nothing happens there.
>
> Here's What I've ALREADY tried:
> - disabling/re-enabling the webcam in the Device Manager;
> - Un-Installing the webcam in the Device Manager and restarting the
> computer, thus allowing Vista to re-install the driver(s);
> - Re-Installing the Vista-compatible driver from the HP website;
> - Installing the 'Webcam Recording Software Patch' from the HP website;
> - Putting the laptop in Sleep Mode and waking the computer;
> - Checking Programs & Features and sure enough, the program is still listed
> there;
> - Right-Clicking the desktop icon and changing permissions to 'Co-Owner'.
>
> I'm not sure what else to try. I do appreciate any help on this matter. And
> also, I used the Webcam Demo program to make sure the hardware itself is ok
> and the webcam does work fine.
>
> Many Thanks, Frank B.

Hopefully Helpful

RE: My HP webcam software disappeared after Vista upgrade
Here's also what I found for 32 bit:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...tem=ob-47244-1
which is to the HP drivers and firmware for Vista.

HP Webcam Driver with Firmware Upgrade for Microsoft Windows Vista

Type: Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices
Version: 1.00.1.1 A (31 Jan 2007)
Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista
Business (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit), Microsoft
Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
(32-bit)
File name: sp34746.exe (8.0 MB)

"Brightbelt" wrote:

> Hi,
> I hope I'm in the right forum. I'm on an HP dv9030us Pavilion Laptop that
> has a built-in webcam. (specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.67 gHz; 2 gb of ram; 2
> internal hard drives)
>
> I just did an upgrade to Vista Home Prem 32-bit and somewhere along the way,
> my 'HP Webcam' software disappeared. This is the actual software which
> allows me to make a webcam video or a video for emailing.
>
> An (apparently) empty folder icon replaced the real webcam icon I had on my
> desktop. There is a real webcam icon on the task bar but it just displays a
> little menu (on/off/50 Hz/60 Hz/exit) and nothing happens there.
>
> Here's What I've ALREADY tried:
> - disabling/re-enabling the webcam in the Device Manager;
> - Un-Installing the webcam in the Device Manager and restarting the
> computer, thus allowing Vista to re-install the driver(s);
> - Re-Installing the Vista-compatible driver from the HP website;
> - Installing the 'Webcam Recording Software Patch' from the HP website;
> - Putting the laptop in Sleep Mode and waking the computer;
> - Checking Programs & Features and sure enough, the program is still listed
> there;
> - Right-Clicking the desktop icon and changing permissions to 'Co-Owner'.
>
> I'm not sure what else to try. I do appreciate any help on this matter. And
> also, I used the Webcam Demo program to make sure the hardware itself is ok
> and the webcam does work fine.
>
> Many Thanks, Frank B.

f/fgeorge

Re: My HP webcam software disappeared after Vista upgrade
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:38:05 -0400, "Brightbelt"
<brightbelt@comcast.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>I hope I'm in the right forum. I'm on an HP dv9030us Pavilion Laptop that
>has a built-in webcam. (specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.67 gHz; 2 gb of ram; 2
>internal hard drives)
>
>I just did an upgrade to Vista Home Prem 32-bit and somewhere along the way,
>my 'HP Webcam' software disappeared. This is the actual software which
>allows me to make a webcam video or a video for emailing.
>
>An (apparently) empty folder icon replaced the real webcam icon I had on my
>desktop. There is a real webcam icon on the task bar but it just displays a
>little menu (on/off/50 Hz/60 Hz/exit) and nothing happens there.
>
>Here's What I've ALREADY tried:
>- disabling/re-enabling the webcam in the Device Manager;
>- Un-Installing the webcam in the Device Manager and restarting the
>computer, thus allowing Vista to re-install the driver(s);
>- Re-Installing the Vista-compatible driver from the HP website;
>- Installing the 'Webcam Recording Software Patch' from the HP website;
> - Putting the laptop in Sleep Mode and waking the computer;
> - Checking Programs & Features and sure enough, the program is still listed
>there;
> - Right-Clicking the desktop icon and changing permissions to 'Co-Owner'.
>
>I'm not sure what else to try. I do appreciate any help on this matter. And
>also, I used the Webcam Demo program to make sure the hardware itself is ok
>and the webcam does work fine.
>
>Many Thanks, Frank B.

I saw you got it fixed but you obviously missed the info about the MS
Employeee that blew the whistle about "Vista compatability" and
upgrading computers. Basically it was an internal memo that said that
MS's own software was extremely over eager and LOTS of computers that
it said were okay to upgrade to Vista were in fact not compatable!
Baiscally the new thinking is that if your particular model of
computer is not avilable as a Vista model too, do not upgrade! Too
many manufacturers are not making Vista drivers for older pc's, they
want you to buy their newer models!