Device driver automatic detect and install

Comp Science junky

Device driver automatic detect and install
On my windows vista (home prem.) hp laptop, I have a device that seems to be
breaking. Its my webcam thats built into the laptop, and it keeps poping in
and out of being plug in and disconnected. This is all fine and what not
(cause they included the webcam for free) except that it makes that annoying
(but useful) little sound that tells you that something has been disconnected
and connected. Well since my webcam is connecting and disconnecting every few
seconds, that sound is starting to annoy me badly. Ive tried uninstalling the
device driver in the device manager but vista just comes right back with that
automatic device install program and puts it right back to annoying me. How
can I avoid this? Can I disable this somehow cause I dont need this programs'
help with installing drivers for devices.

Any help is greatly apreciated!
Pavel A.

Re: Device driver automatic detect and install
Disable it in device manager

--PA

"Comp Science junky" <Comp Science junky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A92BCF8F-61EF-4C00-A075-38B0C151084B@microsoft.com...
> On my windows vista (home prem.) hp laptop, I have a device that seems to
> be
> breaking. Its my webcam thats built into the laptop, and it keeps poping
> in
> and out of being plug in and disconnected. This is all fine and what not
> (cause they included the webcam for free) except that it makes that
> annoying
> (but useful) little sound that tells you that something has been
> disconnected
> and connected. Well since my webcam is connecting and disconnecting every
> few
> seconds, that sound is starting to annoy me badly. Ive tried uninstalling
> the
> device driver in the device manager but vista just comes right back with
> that
> automatic device install program and puts it right back to annoying me.
> How
> can I avoid this? Can I disable this somehow cause I dont need this
> programs'
> help with installing drivers for devices.
>
> Any help is greatly apreciated!

Comp Science junky

Re: Device driver automatic detect and install
I tried but it still makes that annoying sound saying that its being
disconnected. This is getting really annoying. Thank you for your time tho.

"Pavel A." wrote:

> Disable it in device manager
>
> --PA
>
> "Comp Science junky" <Comp Science junky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A92BCF8F-61EF-4C00-A075-38B0C151084B@microsoft.com...
> > On my windows vista (home prem.) hp laptop, I have a device that seems to
> > be
> > breaking. Its my webcam thats built into the laptop, and it keeps poping
> > in
> > and out of being plug in and disconnected. This is all fine and what not
> > (cause they included the webcam for free) except that it makes that
> > annoying
> > (but useful) little sound that tells you that something has been
> > disconnected
> > and connected. Well since my webcam is connecting and disconnecting every
> > few
> > seconds, that sound is starting to annoy me badly. Ive tried uninstalling
> > the
> > device driver in the device manager but vista just comes right back with
> > that
> > automatic device install program and puts it right back to annoying me.
> > How
> > can I avoid this? Can I disable this somehow cause I dont need this
> > programs'
> > help with installing drivers for devices.
> >
> > Any help is greatly apreciated!

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Device driver automatic detect and install
If you are in warranty you can get it checked locally at an authorized shop.

"Comp Science junky" <Comp Science junky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A92BCF8F-61EF-4C00-A075-38B0C151084B@microsoft.com...
> On my windows vista (home prem.) hp laptop, I have a device that seems to
> be
> breaking. Its my webcam thats built into the laptop, and it keeps poping
> in
> and out of being plug in and disconnected. This is all fine and what not
> (cause they included the webcam for free) except that it makes that
> annoying
> (but useful) little sound that tells you that something has been
> disconnected
> and connected. Well since my webcam is connecting and disconnecting every
> few
> seconds, that sound is starting to annoy me badly. Ive tried uninstalling
> the
> device driver in the device manager but vista just comes right back with
> that
> automatic device install program and puts it right back to annoying me.
> How
> can I avoid this? Can I disable this somehow cause I dont need this
> programs'
> help with installing drivers for devices.
>
> Any help is greatly apreciated!

Pavel A.

Re: Device driver automatic detect and install
ok, Vista has a new registry parameter that disables this sound,
- but can't find it for the life of me

message newsA16423D-30D7-4799-80D4-614B7EED5C89@microsoft.com...