IDE DVD Writer recognized as SCSI DVD rom

Ivan

IDE DVD Writer recognized as SCSI DVD rom
I have built a new pc recently with vista os installed and i just realized
that the IDE dvd writer is recognized as a SCSI dvd writer since I cant burn
any dvd or cd at all.

does anyone know how to solve the problem.

the ide controlled on the motherboard is JMicron JMB36X and the dvd drive is
LG GSA-4163B.

Thanks a lot
fuzor_silverbolt

Re: IDE DVD Writer recognized as SCSI DVD rom

Have you tried Nero yet?

--
fuzor_silverbolt

Ivan

Re: IDE DVD Writer recognized as SCSI DVD rom
Yeah I have tried Nero, and Blacemedia Pro.

Both of them give the same error message regarding some error scsi command.

"fuzor_silverbolt" wrote:

> Have you tried Nero yet?
>

> --
> fuzor_silverbolt

Malke

Ivan wrote:

> I have built a new pc recently with vista os installed and i just
> realized that the IDE dvd writer is recognized as a SCSI dvd writer since
> I cant burn any dvd or cd at all.
>
> does anyone know how to solve the problem.
>
> the ide controlled on the motherboard is JMicron JMB36X and the dvd drive
> is LG GSA-4163B.

Did you remember to get the latest motherboard drivers for Vista from the
motherboard mftr.'s website and install them?

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
V Green

Re: IDE DVD Writer recognized as SCSI DVD rom
IDE being emulated as SCSI is actually pretty common
and generally does NOT keep them from working OK.

Since you have a strange chipset, have you installed the MB
drivers that came on the CD with the MB?

Did you use the proper cable (UDMA vs. non-UDMA) to
attach the drive?

Can you READ CD/DVD/'s with the drive?

"Ivan" <Ivan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have built a new pc recently with vista os installed and i just realized
> that the IDE dvd writer is recognized as a SCSI dvd writer since I cant burn
> any dvd or cd at all.
>
> does anyone know how to solve the problem.
>
> the ide controlled on the motherboard is JMicron JMB36X and the dvd drive is
> LG GSA-4163B.
>
> Thanks a lot

Ivan

RE: IDE DVD Writer recognized as SCSI DVD rom
Sorry guys I think I described the problem incorrectly.

Actually I found out that I can burn cd and dvds. However the problem only
appears when I tried to burn a double layer dvd.

I tried on both nero and blazemedia pro. According to log it says: "Could
not perform start of Disc-at-once"

The DL blank dvd used is definitely fine. I had it checked on my friends'
computer.
The dvd writer definitely supports DL dvd. I also updated its firmware.

I cant figure out what happened at all.
Ivan

RE: IDE DVD Writer recognized as SCSI DVD rom
Once again I am terribly sorry about the previous wrong info.