Pentablet

Dave sim

Pentablet
I made the mistake of plugging my Wacom pen tablet in before installing the
driver.
Vista recognised the device and installed a default driver which does not
work
The Driver installation disk will not install untill the default driver is
uninstalled.
How do i do this
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Pentablet
You can use System Restore to back up to before you did the installation.
You also should be able to delete the driver in Device Manager.

"Dave sim" <Dave sim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I made the mistake of plugging my Wacom pen tablet in before installing the
> driver.
> Vista recognised the device and installed a default driver which does not
> work
> The Driver installation disk will not install untill the default driver is
> uninstalled.
> How do i do this

Dave sim

Re: Pentablet

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> You can use System Restore to back up to before you did the installation.
> You also should be able to delete the driver in Device Manager.
>
> "Dave sim" <Dave sim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I made the mistake of plugging my Wacom pen tablet in before installing the
> > driver.
> > Vista recognised the device and installed a default driver which does not
> > work
> > The Driver installation disk will not install untill the default driver is
> > uninstalled.
> > How do i do this

Dave sim

Re: Pentablet

Ta Colin

Unfortunately
I do not have a valid restore point
And I tried using device manager, but the tablet installation disk does not
recognise that the driver has been uninstalled.
I even tried cleaning the registry in case some residue was left there
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Pentablet
Did you reboot after deleting the driver in DM?

Are you having an issue with System Restore? If so, start another thread on
that topic.