CD drive is turned off and needs to be turned on

misterchuck

CD drive is turned off and needs to be turned on
I think i turned off my CD drive on my laptop a while ago but forget how to
turn it back on. Could somebody please help me and tell me how to turn my CD
drive back on.
Dwarf

RE: CD drive is turned off and needs to be turned on
Hi,

What is the make and model of your laptop? Refer to your laptop manual.
There should be a key combination that enables you to do what you want.
Dwarf

"misterchuck" wrote:

> I think i turned off my CD drive on my laptop a while ago but forget how to
> turn it back on. Could somebody please help me and tell me how to turn my CD
> drive back on.

tanuj_chadha

Re: CD drive is turned off and needs to be turned on

Have you somehow disabled the drive in device manager. Or have you
changed the made some changes through disk management. Please be more
specific about the issue.

--
tanuj_chadha
misterchuck

Re: CD drive is turned off and needs to be turned on
I tried to look in device manager but it doesnt show up. I can remember the
screen that does it I just cant get there.

"tanuj_chadha" wrote:

> Have you somehow disabled the drive in device manager. Or have you
> changed the made some changes through disk management. Please be more
> specific about the issue.
>

> --
> tanuj_chadha

Dwarf

Re: CD drive is turned off and needs to be turned on
Hi,

As per the request in my previous post, can you please reply with the make
and model of your laptop. Without this information, it is extremely difficult
for me and other people to assist you.
Dwarf

"misterchuck" wrote:

> I tried to look in device manager but it doesnt show up. I can remember the
> screen that does it I just cant get there.
>
> "tanuj_chadha" wrote:
>

> > Have you somehow disabled the drive in device manager. Or have you
> > changed the made some changes through disk management. Please be more
> > specific about the issue.
> >

> > --
> > tanuj_chadha

misterchuck

Re: CD drive is turned off and needs to be turned on
sorry. It is an HP Pavilion dv2000.

"Dwarf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As per the request in my previous post, can you please reply with the make
> and model of your laptop. Without this information, it is extremely difficult
> for me and other people to assist you.
> Dwarf
>
> "misterchuck" wrote:
>
> > I tried to look in device manager but it doesnt show up. I can remember the
> > screen that does it I just cant get there.
> >
> > "tanuj_chadha" wrote:
> >

> > > Have you somehow disabled the drive in device manager. Or have you
> > > changed the made some changes through disk management. Please be more
> > > specific about the issue.
> > >

> > > --
> > > tanuj_chadha

Dwarf

Re: CD drive is turned off and needs to be turned on
Hi,

Thank you. I have had a look on the HP website and the only thing that I
could come up with is that you disabled the drive whilst changing some
settings in your BIOS (possibly the screen that you can't remember). I
provide a link to the following section of the HP website: 'HP Notebook PCs -
Troubleshooting Optical Drive Detection Problems'. Hopefully, you should be
able to find what you need here to solve your problem.
Dwarf

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...817074&lang=en